Chapter 81: Look Who's Back In Town

Jennifer's POV

"Are you guys ready? The car is here", I shout out.

Shortly after a hungover Jared appears with his luggage."I'm here I'm here. Did we really have to leave this early?"

"Yes we did. I warned you about going out and partying last night."

He groans and put on his sunglasses,"Oh yeah Rachel told me to tell you to have a nice trip. She said she hopes the three of us have a safe flight."

I stand there frozen for a second. I left that small detail out for a reason. "That's nice of her", I say with a smile.

Greg shows up with his luggage and we head out for our flight. When we're on the plane Jared immediately falls asleep.

"What's our game plan when we arrive?", Greg questions.

"I want to tell them as soon as we get there to get it over with. Later I have some activities set up that they will benefit from. Next-"

"Woah there. I think we need to take it one step at a time. If you overload them with too much they're not going to be open to it. Especially your father."

"They either get on board or else. I'm tired of everyone and their fucking feelings."

"Calm down Jenn."

"Do not tell me to calm down." I take a deep breath, "You're right I'm sorry."

He takes my hand and kisses it."Try to enjoy this trip. After the announcement our lives aren't going to be normal for awhile or ever again."

I smile and sit back in my seat. He's right. After I make the announcement to the world, my life is going to change. That's why I need to get everything in order now. And why I need to make a decision about Rachel and I.

**********

"Come on in. How was your flight?"

"Great mother", I respond.

"Jared my baby boy. I'm so happy to see you. We missed you."

"I missed you too mom", he says giving her a hug.

"Greg something has changed about you. Maybe it's these big muscles you're carrying around."

Greg flashes his famous smile as he flexes.

"Ok enough with the greetings. I need to talk to you all about something. Is the whole family here?"

"Yes Jennifer. Everyone is in the dining room. We're about to sit down and eat breakfast...My God Greg is she always this impatient?"

He kisses my cheek, "She's just having a bit of a morning."

"Jenn, Greg good to see you", my family greets us.

"I was surprised to see you were joining Jared on his trip back. It must mean you want to lecture us about something", my father voices.

"I'm not here to lecture, but I do need to talk to you all about something important."

"Well lay it on us."

"Soon I will be making the announcement that I'm running for office."

Jared jumps out of his seat in excitement. While the rest of my family looks shocked.

"Well after you're whole back and forth with the President, the police chief, and just about everyone else we thought you weren't going to run", my father says.