Chapter 61: Nobody Wins When The Family Feuds

Rachel's POV

"Friendsgiving? Whose idea was this?"

"Mine. We have this entire place to ourselves while my parents are in Aspen. Why not invite everyone over?", Olivia says with a gleam in her eyes.

"Liv I was kinda hoping to just stay home, get drunk and watch Pieces of April."

"You've seen that movie a thousand times. Come on, this will be fun", Olivia says tugging my arm.

"Fine who's coming?"

"Everyone."

"Who's everyone?", I question.

She smiles and walks away.

**********

Jennifer's POV

"Hi mother", I lean in giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Jennifer how are you my darling?"

"I'm doing well how-"

My mother brushes pass me to greet Greg,"Oh Greg lovely to see you. My daughter is treating you well isn't she?"

Greg and I meet eyes and he smiles. "Yes she treats me the best she can."

"Good because I know how her attitude is sometimes. She got that from her grandfather. Those two were thick as thieves you know."

Greg laughs, "I've heard stories."

"Is that my hot shot daughter I hear?"

"Hi dad. Good to see you."

"Likewise. We'll talk later about that bill you passed."

Oh perfect.

"Greg, have you seen my Wisconsin Badgers this year? They're looking mighty fine out there."

"Yeah I've seen them. My Chicago Maroons are going to kick there ass though", Greg says smiling.

"We'll see about that. Come on grab a beer. One of the games is on."

I roll my eyes. My family worships this asshole.

"Mom where is Jared?"

"Upstairs probably playing video games."

I go upstairs to find my little brother laying on his bed with his hair wild across his head.

"Jear Bear", I say grabbing his attention.

"Oh shit sis", he says getting up to wrap me in a hug. I look on his bed to see him FaceTiming someone.

"Who's that?", I whisper.

He turns around, "Oh shit sorry babe...uh this is my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?"

"Yeah say hi", he says pulling me into the frame.

I wave, "Oh hello."

"Told you she was really my sister."

Wow I'm definitely back home.

**********
Rachel's POV

Kennedy throws down a dish cloth,"Why are we the only ones in here cooking like the gotdamn help?"

I give her a look and she starts laughing.

"It's not like you're helping anyway."

"Taste testing is important. I have to make sure your taste buds are in check."