Prince!Luxembourg x Prince!Reader (Request)

(Y/n) woke up early one morning to the sound of his older brother and their older cousin having an argument outside his room. With a groan, he pushed himself from his sleepy state and walked out to see what the commotion was.

"Kuro, we don't have a choice. I hate the idea as much as you do, but we could have a serious problem on our hands If we don't go to this party."

"I'm not scared of some bastards thousands of kilometers across the world who think that they can push us around because we're a small country. We can just threaten to shut down exports if their going to throw a hissy fit about us not being at a party. You just need to stop being such a pushover."

"I'm not being a pushover. This won't just be a problem with Russia, but all of Russia's allies as well. Unless you're telling me that you think our army could take on half of the world, you're going to need to reconsider."

"I-" Kuro looked about ready to jump out of his seat when he noticed his youngest cousin in the doorway. "(Y/n), do you need something?"

"Not really, I just heard you two talking. Do you need me to leave?"

"If you could-"

"No, stay."

Kuro glared from across the table. "Kiku-"

"He deserves to know about this too, he'll have to go with us if we agree to it."

"It doesn't matter, because we're not going."

"Going where?" (Y/n) knelt down at the table, and the two of them glared at each other before Kiku took a deep breath to explain.

"We've received an invitation to a... party of sorts in Russia."

"Haven't they been threatening war for a while?"

"Exactly, and that's why we're not going."

Kiku grit his teeth. "Kuro-"

"Why the hell should we pretend to play nice with them if they think they can walk all over us?"

"Kuro, Russia has a much lager population than us. I know you want to stay self contained, so do I, but we could have a war on our hands if we don't go to this party. Not just with Russia, but with France, Spain, and England, which colonized that chunk of land to the east of us. We could be completely surrounded, and you just want to preserve your pride."

"You think that's all it is?"

"Kuro, we need to go to this party. I will not let the people of this country be brutalized because you don't feel like leaving the palace."

"That's not- Oh, forget it."

"I mean..." The two of them turned to look at (Y/n) and he swallowed before continuing. "If it's just a party to appease them, I don't see why we shouldn't go. We're not required to make any deals or sign treaties, are we?"

Kiku slowly shook his head. "That wasn't mentioned in the invitation."

(Y/n) smiled. "Then we'll go, and if anyone tries to make a deal, we can just say we came for a break. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to talk about deals or investigate alliances, even if we don't join in."

"We could use it as a chance to collect information as well," Kuro said. Kiku rolled his eyes, but a small smile crossed his face. "All right, send the Tzar or whatever that we'll be there."

Kiku went out to go write the acceptance letter, and Kuro turned to (Y/n). "You talked me into this, I'd better not regret this."

----

"A masquerade ball?" (Y/n) asked. "What's that?"

Kuro held up an ornamental kitsune mask. "We have to wear these. It's just a big party with dancing and a bit of food, but everyone wears these masks so no one knows who's who. Some people think it's fun, I think it's stupid."

"You don't think anything is fun," Kiku mumbled as he sat on the bed Kuro had been provided.

"Come on, there's no way anyone is going to not know who we are. Western culture is so different from ours and their clothes are weird. It looks so uncomfortable and restrictive. And ugly."

"I swear, you'd better not say anything like that during the ball."

"You agree with me."

"Kuro, the entire reason we're here is to prevent a war or any other form of aggression. Please don't tempt fate."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Kuro sighed to himself. "Get out. I want some time to myself before this stupid thing starts."

Kiku and (Y/n) left, retreating back to their own rooms. (Y/n) would've stayed to talk with Kiku, but he knew his older brother needed some time to himself before such a big event.

Half an hour before the masquerade, (Y/n) had slipped on his kimono, red and white with pink chrysanthemums, trimmed with gold. He had a silver kitsune mask and red detailing all over it. Once he checked his reflection in the mirror for the seventh time, he finally got the courage to leave his room.

Kiku and Kuro were already waiting in the hallway for him. Kiku's kimono was mostly red with white and gold details, while Kuro's was a dark grey with various shades of red. They both had silver masks, but Kuro's had black lining and Kiku's had white. "Come on, let's get this over with."

(Y/n) didn't mention how he was actually looking forward to the ball, he knew it would fall on deaf ears. Not only were they both introverts, but they were both incredibly anxious for the event, and it had been announced that the day after would be another, longer party for everyone to meet each other formally, which neither of them were looking forward to. (Y/n) didn't mind, as it was likely he would never take the throne, but he did have to be careful that he didn't accidentally ruin their reputations at the party.

Almost as soon as they entered, the three of them broke away from each other without so much as a word to each other, as if they were nothing more than acquaintances. Kiku went left and Kuro went right, so (Y/n) just wandered ahead, careful not to accidentally wander onto the dance floor.

"Excuse me." (Y/n) turned around to see a westerner wearing a blue suit. His eyes were mostly hidden, but his silvery blonde hair was wavy, partially hiding the mask made to look like... a lion if his memory served him correctly. "Might I chat with you for a moment?"

"Sure." (Y/n) said, hoping the word on his tongue didn't come out wrong.

"I've never had a chance to speak with anyone from the east. Have you ever traveled before?"

(Y/n) shook his head. "We aren't big fans of international affairs or sightseeing."

"Really? You speak very well. I would've thought you'd have been to a few places. What's it like where you're from?"

(Y/n) smiled slightly. "It's very peaceful and calm. We'll be back in time for the cherry blossom trees to bloom, which is lovely to see. It means spring has arrived."

"That sounds like quite the sight to see. I have a friend from Holland. They're famous for their tulips. Are you planning to travel more after this excursion?"

"I... I'd like to, but I'd have to get permission, and... well we're not really big on travel as a whole."

"That's a shame. Is it... confining, or do you prefer to stay in your country all the time."

"I can't say I've ever wanted to travel very far. I like it at home, but I am curious to see what these tulips are."

A short gasp. "You've never seen a tulip?"

"No. Unless that's just another name for something I have."

The man's face was hidden, but (Y/n) could tell he was smiling. "Come on. I know of a place in the castle that has a bunch of nice paintings. Only if you'd like to, of course."

(Y/n) glanced around the room. Kiku was standing off to the side while someone talked to him loudly. Kuro was standing off to the side, seemingly surveying the entire ballroom rather than interacting. Neither of them wuld miss him. "I'd be delighted."

A hand intertwined with his, and they quickly left the room together, rushing off as the sound of music faded, quickly replaced with laughter and chatter.