Prussia x Reader

Gilbert was awoken by the scent of something cooking and the sound of (favorite artist) from downstairs. He pulled on a shirt and brushed his hair out of his eyes before making his way down to the kitchen where his favorite woman in the world was dancing.

He smirked to himself before quietly sneaking up on her and wrapping one hand around her eyes and the other around her waist, laughing as she let out a quick shout of alarm. "Guten morgen, birdie."

"G-Gilbert?! Jeez, you scared me, don't do that when I'm cooking." He laughed and let go of her before she waved the spatula "threateningly" at him. "You get out of this kitchen and leave me alone or I'm not going to let you have any food."

"Alright liebe." He left her alone to her food and music while he went back upstairs to put on  some decent clothes before digging around in his drawers to make sure he had what he needed for later. He smiled to himself before going back down the stairs and turning on the television.

When (Y/n) was finally done, she welcomed him into the kitchen and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Happy anniversary Gilbert."

"Happy 4th anniversary liebe." He sat down as she stared at him in a way that told him she was surprised he remembered which anniversary it was. They enjoyed their breakfast together, and then spent most of the day curled up in front of the tv binging whatever Netflix show (Y/n) was watching. Gilbert was trying to keep up, but he very quickly just settled for rubbing soothing circles on her back and trying not to fall asleep.

Gilbert got up later to make lunch for him and (Y/n). Even though she accused him of only doing it so that he didn't have to watch the show with her, (she wasn't exactly wrong) they cuddled together on the couch and watched soccer for a while.

Suddenly, there was a high pitched beeping that caused (Y/n) to look around in confusion. "Is that your watch?"

"Oh, ja." He held up his wrist and stopped the beeping. "Liebe?"

"Yes Gilbert?"

"I need jou to do a favor for me."

"And that is?"

He turned off the television, which made her turn around and look at him curiously. "I'm going to need jou to put on some nice clothing and be ready to go at 6:30 for dinner, okay?"

Her eyes widened in surprise, but she nodded before running up to her room to get changed. Gilbert made sure to shower before drying off his hair, making look presentable before putting on the nice suit he'd set aside and making sure to pull what he needed out of his drawer and placed it securely in his pocket before waiting downstairs, grateful he remembered to wash his car yesterday.

"Gil, are you ready to go?"

"Ja, I vas just vaiting for..." His train of thought was lost when he saw his girlfriend coming down the stairs. She was wearing a white blouse tucked into a flowing (f/c) skirt with floral patterns all over it, along with a pair of leggings and flats.

She giggled, snapping him out of his trance. "I don't have to change into something that won't have you distracted, will I?"

"N-nein. Let's go." He opened the door for her and locked it behind them before getting into the car and driving into the city while letting (Y/n) pick the radio station. His nerves were going crazy, but he managed to get to the restaurant safely and handed the keys over to the valet, who... winked at him?

He turned round for a split second and saw a pair of blue eyes peeking out from long blonde hair, and sighed. Gilbert rolled his eyes and held his finger to his lips before leading (Y/n) into the building.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?"

"Reservation for Beilschmidt."

"Ah, yes. Follow Julia here to your table."

"Right this way." The woman led them to a table that overlooked all the others and waved to them as they sat down.

"Wow, you really went all out," (Y/n) said as she glanced around the restaurant and swirled around the champagne they'd been given. "I never expected you to pick somewhere like this for our anniversary."

"Jou deserve zhe best," he said easily

She immediately blushed and cleared her throat. "I- uh... thank you."

He smiled at her and pulled up her hand to place a small kiss to it. "Anyzhing for jou."

She didn't seem to recover until the appetizers came, but she did manage to calm her blush down enough to enjoy the food and atmosphere of the restaurant.  Conversely, Gilbert got more and more nervous and distracted, and he was barely paying attention when the waitress came by to take their plates away and asked if he wanted more champagne.

"Gil? Are you feeling okay?"

"Huh? J-ja, I'm fine." He waved his hand, signaling that he didn't want any, so she nodded and walked away.

"If you say so. Do we want to order dessert?"

"Ja, but I already ordered somezhing for us."

Her eyes widened. "Did you really?"

"Ja, so just sit tight birdie."

They made small talk, which helped Gilbert's nerves to calm down until the waitress came back with a plate that contained a small dome of chocolate. "Hmm? What's this?"

The waitress ignored the question, instead a spoon out of her apron pocket and tapping the dome until it shattered. (Y/n) looked closer, brushed a chunk of chocolate off of what was under it, then fell back into her chair in shock. Underneath the dome was a small cake with (f/f) and the words, "Will you marry me?"

She looked up at Gilbert to see him holding a small ring out to her, a silver band with a his and her birthstones in it. "Vell? Vill jou?"

She nodded happily as a couple tears escaped her eyes. Her voice came out in a whisper as she said, "Yes, yes I will marry you."

He slipped the ring onto her finger and she pulled him across the table into a kiss while everyone else in the restaurant began applauding.

"We told you it would go well, amigo."

(Y/n) looked up and pulled away to see two very familiar faces. "Antonio? Francis?"

"Hola chica," Antonio said as he waved while Francis winked from underneath his valet uniform. "You should really try the cake, I did make sure it would taste good as it looked."

"W-wait, you made this?"

"Of course. This is where I work after all, and I had to have a hand in mi major amigo's getting engaged."

"Ja, ja, get out you two."

"Au revoir!"

"Adios." The two of them walked away, and Gilbert and (Y/n) cut the cake in half to enjoy it before going back outside.

Francis pulled up to the outside and handed the keys to Gilbert. "We're invited to the wedding, right?"

"Ja, of course."

"Good night Francis," (Y/n) said as she got into the car.

"Good night (Y/n). Be safe tonight you two~"

Gilbert shut the door and drove off without responding.