Valentine's Special Canada x Reader(Request)

(Y/n) normally stayed home on the weekends, but someone had decided to throw a party on Valentine's Day and invited the entire high school. Of course, her friend wanted to get drunk and (Y/n) was her only available designated driver.

"No, I'm not going. Go on your own and walk home."

"Pretty please? I haven't asked you for anything in... four days. That's more than Maddie has."

"That doesn't matter. I don't want to go. Besides, didn't Maddie say she was gonna go too? Go bug her."

"But you have to take me. There's someone who wants to meet you there."

"What? If anybody wants to meet me, they're not going to meet me at a party. I am not meeting up with anyone at a party where everyone is getting drunk."

"Come on, you're no fun. I'll buy you anything you want for lunch for... 3 days. Desserts, milkshakes, anything, I promise."

"Oh my god, fine."

"Yes! Let's go!"

She ending up needing to park a couple blocks away because the street was already so crowded with other cars, then lagged behind her friend as she ran all the way to the large house.

Sure enough, just about everyone (Y/n) recognized from classes, the marching band, the basketball team, random people she passed in the halls, and at least two thousand more people. At least a third of them were totally wasted. 

It might have been called a Valentine's Day party, but it was really just a party that happened to fall on the day of love. There were about 50 red hearts in the kitchen, and about the same amount on the floor, and that was it. As soon as she walked in the door, some stuck a red heart to her eye. Maybe they were aiming for her forehead, maybe they were aiming for her cheek. Either way, she just tore it off and tried to find the quietest spot in the house, if that was at all possible.

She found a room all the way at the end of the hall that thankfully was not home to anyone trying to make out or fuck, and settled into the quietest corner.

"Umm..." She looked up to see someone else she hadn't noticed before, a blonde boy with fluffy blonde hair and a red hoodie. "Are you meeting someone here? C-cause I can leave if you are."

"No, no, you're fine. I just wanted to get away from all the noise and idiots. My friend dragged me here because all our other friends were already here and she wanted to get drunk."

"Oh. I was dragged here too by... well, I'm sure you know Alfred Jones, right?"

"I hear about him a lot, but I've never met him. He seems a bit... loud."

The boy sighed. "He is. So very loud. I-I'm Matthew Williams. Nice to meet you."

"(Y/n) (L/n). You're the president of the Environment Club, right?"

He looked up and smiled. "Oh, yeah. You recognize me?"

"Yeah, we just had that club exhibit last week. I was over in the quieter area and I remember seeing you talking to... well, I don't remember. I could only see your face."

"Thanks. I-I-I know that's weird to say, but most people notice my friends before they notice me."

"Don't I know the feeling. People only talk to me because they want me to introduce them to Sarah or Arianna or Megan or Nathan. Megan always says I'd make more friends if I got out more, but I'm gonna go out if I don't want to."

"Alfred's so pushy when he wants me to go out. Sometimes I just want to stay in and cuddle. I like peace and quiet, not noise and chaos."

Their conversation lasted a long while, but was interrupted by a drunk couple stumbling into the room, already getting handsy with each other. They glanced at each other before sighing and leaving the room together. "Jeez, I hate people our age sometimes."