Iceland x Reader

A gunshot. It was all he could hear, over and over and over. He couldn't see where the gun was, but all around him, the world began to get more and more red. The room around him was staring to fill with blood, the blood of his brother, the blood of his friend. The last person from his childhood screamed while that damn asshole laughed in the background before the barrel of his rifle was pointed at him and-

"EMIL!!!"

He shot up out of his bed and looked around. Arthur and Francis were staring at him while he panted and tried to force himself to calm down as soon as he realized that he was just having another nightmare. "Mon ami, are you sure you don't want us to contact Berwald? He has stated that he worries for you quite frequently."

"I'm fine, I just had a bad dream." He buried himself under the covers of the bed he was staying in and stayed still until the two left his room and shut the door behind them.

"I'm going to call him to come here anyway."

"Arthur-"

"Berwald is the only person Emil would even talk to before this mess. He needs to be able to interact with someone, even if that means they just sit in a room not talking to each other."

Emil tried to ignore them and go back to sleep, even though he knew he wasn't going to be able to. Ever since (Y/n) had gone missing just two days before Tino had been pronounced missing from the insane asylum they'd locked him in, he'd left the house he lived in and moved back in with Arthur Kirkland. Only a few days after that, the place they'd been staying was "mysteriously" burned down with no clear motive as to why.

Work was hard for him because he was always slipping into depressive states and not getting enough sleep, but sitting around Kirkland's house with all his magical creatures running around making noise and reminding him of what happened to his brother and childhood friend had driven him crazy for three days before he went back to work.

"Emil."

"What do you want Kirkland?"

"You have to go see your therapist in an hour, you might want to get ready."

With a groan, the 22 year old forced himself out of bed and into the shower. After a week of moping, Kirkland had begun forcing him to see a therapist. It wasn't exactly helping.

"I understand that you miss them both terribly, but you need to face the facts. Lukas is buried six feet under the ground right now, your pet bird is right next to him, and your little girlfriend-"

"She wasn't my girlfriend."

"-has been missing for three months. She hasn't been put up for ransom, so she is most likely dead. The sooner you accept these facts, the sooner we can start the healing process. But you need to move on, otherwise I can't help you."

Emil wasn't paying attention to him at all. "Well, this is going nowhere. I'll see you again in a week Mr. Steilsson, and I hope it will be more productive."

"Whatever." Emil stood up and stormed out of the office before walking to the restaurant he worked at. "Stupid fucking therapist."

He knew (Y/n) wasn't dead. As crazy of her nutjob of an ex-boyfriend was, he knew he wouldn't kill her. If he really wanted to, he would have just left her corpse next to the bags of groceries she'd been carrying. He didn't care to pick up the corpses of Mathais, Lukas, or Mr. Puffin, so why would he do any different with her?

"Hey, you seem to be doing better," his coworker, Jia Long, said to him as he finished up for the day.

He scoffed. "Do I?"