Luxembourg x Reader (Request)

"Mr. Abelsson." Louis looked up from his computer to the assistant standing in the doorway to his office. "There's a Ms. (Y/n) (L/n) at the front door for you. Would you like to see her, or should I-"

"Send her here. Thank you Robert." The man nodded and walked out while Louis rushed to finish the project he was working on. He checked over the files on last time before sending it off to his boss.

There was a knock on the door, and Louis turned off his laptop as he stood up, then opened his door. (Y/n) was standing outside, playing with the hem of her shirt until she noticed him. "Louis, hey. I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Not at all." He gave her a hug and kissed her cheek. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Oh, I just..." She looked around the office. "... I just feel a little under dressed compared to everyone else here."

"Don't worry about that." He took her hand and began walking down the hall with her. "That doesn't matter here, because we're going out for lunch. You don't mind going in my car, do you?"

"Of course not." They walked down to the parking lot and Louis opened the door for (Y/n) before climbing in himself. They keep the radio turned off in favor of just talking with one another, and before (Y/n) even realized it, they arrived at the restaurant.

Louis walked around the car and opened the door for her, like he always did for her. She took his hand and he helped her out of the car. "Why do you always insist on doing that for me?"

"Do you not like it?"

"That's not it." She smiled and brushed some of his blonde hair out of his face. "You know that. I just wonder why you do it all the time when I can get out of the car on my own."

"I just want to make you feel special and important." Then he extended his hand to her, and she wrapped her own around his as they walked into the restaurant.

They were seated right next to a window, able to see the beach just behind the restaurant as they were handed menus. Everything around them was quiet, the only sounds being the footsteps of the servers, a cloud of unintelligible chatter, and the occasional clink of silverware or glasses against each other.

"Do you like it?"

(Y/n) smiled at Louis. "When have you ever taken me to a restaurant I haven't liked? I still have no idea why you think that you need to impress me all the time. This is fantastic, I love it."

Louis smiled and reached across the table to cup her cheek in his hand, which she leaned into with an equally warm and soft smile. "Then I hope you don't mind that I chose the menu for our lunch."

(Y/n)'s eyes lit up with excitement, and Louis laughed softly to himself. Perhaps he was just getting himself worked up over nothing. Lunch went smoothly once he allowed himself to relax a little bit, and (Y/n) did the same. They had fried asparagus for an appetizer, lobster tail on a bed of greens and side salad, and finished their meal with a decadent chocolate silk pie topped with whipped cream and plenty of chocolate shavings.

"Come on Louis, you're just spoiling me at this point. I'm going to have to workout now to burn off all this food," (Y/n) "complained" as they walked out of the restaurant. "This was nice, thank you for taking me here."

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." Louis checked his phone with a smile. "Come on, let's go take a walk on the beach."

"The beach? Don't you have to get back to work? We've already been out for an hour."

"My boss had to cancel our meeting, and I finished the project I was working on early. We don't have to if you don't want to."

"I mean, it would be nice, but I don't want you to get in trouble."

"I won't, don't worry." He took her arm and led her all the way down to the beach, where the two of them walked along the boardwalk. They stopped to watch various street shows, and despite complaining about being full before, (Y/n) happily shared a rainbow snow cone with Louis. They stopped by a small traveling museum, and even got a caricature together, which (Y/n) was allowed to keep.

"I hate to cut this short, but-"

"Aww, do you have to go back to work?" (Y/n) asked. "Oh, it's gotten kind of late. Are you sure you're-"

"It's time for us to ride the ferris wheel."

"The- Sweetheart, what happened to work?"

Louis smiled. "I took most of today off. Come on, or we're going to be late." He began gently leading her in the direction of the large attraction while she followed him, confused.

Despite not being in any trouble, (allegedly) Louis would not stop checking his phone and messaging someone else. (Y/n) kept poking him and trying to get him to tell her what it was, be he assured her that she didn't need to worry about it.

By the time they got to the front of the line and were helped into one of the cars, the sun had started its descent and dyed the sky with yellow and orange. Louis didn't say anything as they rose up into the air, just watching her with a calm expression and hugging her close.

The next time his phone went off, it was right when they got to the top of the wheel. Louis looked out the window, then sighed in relief. "Hey, look at that."

(Y/n) looked around for what he might be talking about before her breath caught in her throat. On top of one of the large buildings was a large collection of roses, tulips, and lilies, vibrant and brightly colored in every shade of the rainbow. They were presented in shrubs and other green plants so that they spelled out, "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!"

(Y/n) turned around to see Louis with a large grin on his face and a small bow in his hands. The bow was holding a necklace of her favorite animal holding a pink heart. "Louis, I..."

"I love you."

Her vision blurred as her tears filled her eyes. "I love you too. Thank you." They stepped off the ferris wheel hand in hand, and finally began the long walk back to Louis' car.

If anyone has requested something from me and would like to be credited as such, please comment and let me know so I can edit those chapters.