2p!America x Male!Reader

(Y/n) leaned against the wall of the bar trying to get his Uber app to work so he could go back home. He had been looking forward to this night for a while, but the man he'd been there to see told him straight up that he had done it as a dare, bought him an appetizer, then said he was going to the bar next door to pick up hot chicks.

I give up on online dating. I'm just going to accept the fact that I will be single for the rest of my life and try to focus on my career rather than any sort of romantic pursuits. He cursed as he tried restarting the app for the seventh time and brushed his hair out of his eyes.

"You all right buddy?" (Y/n) looked up to see someone slightly taller than him with tan skin, rusty brown hair, blood red eyes, and a sculpted body defined by the black tank top that (Y/n) wanted to-

"Y-yeah. I just got stood up by someone who's next door and the internet connection here is ass so I can't get an Uber. I was just about to head down the street to get a better connection."

"Hey, sorry about that. If it makes you feel better..." The man grabbed him by the chin and tilted it up so that they were locking eyes. "...if I had a cute little thing like you on a date, I'd do everything to make sure you had the time of your life."

(Y/n) only just managed to keep from letting his mouth hang open in shock. "Th-thanks. Wanna have some pretzel bites? The guy had the decency to buy me some food before dipping, but I'm not really hungry anymore."

The man took the full box from his hands and popped one of the pieces into his mouth before taking out another one and holding it out to (Y/n). He bit it out of the stranger's hands without thinking, then blushed profusely. "I... uh..."

"I thought you weren't hungry."

"W-well, you offered, so I just-"

"So, if I offered to walk you down to the movie theater and watch a movie with you to try and cheer you up, you'd bite?" (Y/n) looked up at him to see him looking back with an absolutely gorgeous smirk that made him heat up.

"If you're offering."

"Great." The man wrapped immediately grabbed his hand and began leading him toward the local movie theater. "So, what's your name?"

"I-I'm (Y/n). Nice to meet you."

"Allen Jones. So. what do you want to see?"

(Y/n) thought to himself before looking back at Allen. "You're the one who's inviting me out. You pick the movie and we can see what kind of taste you have in films."

"What, you think I might have shit taste?"

"I won't know until after it's over, will I?" (Y/n) smirked back at Allen, internally jumping up and down in excitement.

"Fine then. I hope my tastes in movies suits yours."

(Y/n) shrugged. "Don't worry. I'll still like you even if you have the worst taste in movies ever."

They talked the whole way there, eating the pretzel bites together before tossing the empty box out right outside the movie theater. Allen paid for their tickets without telling (Y/n) what he'd chosen, then got them food.

"You know, I can pay for myself."

Allen raised one hand in mock surrender while handing him a drink cup. "I'm fixing your shitty date, I can pay this one time. I swear I'm not trying to guilt you into sex afterwards."

(Y/n) blurted, "What if I'd want that anyway?" before he could stop himself.

Allen just grinned. "Well then, I guess we're stopping by my place after this." (Y/n) pulled his hood over his head so Allen couldn't see his face and briskly walked away to get some soda. Luckily for Allen, that meant that (Y/n) didn't see the title of the movie they were watching.

They sat down in the 7th row and Allen lifted the arm rest between their seats so that he could easily wrap one arm around (Y/n) and hug him closer to himself with their popcorn nestled in between them and their drinks off to the side.

"You picked a horror film?" (Y/n) asked as the trailers for other passed by on the screen.

"If you get scared, you can always hold my hand." (Y/n) laughed and snuggled just a bit closer to Allen while waiting for the movie to start for real. The house lights went down, and the two of them stopped talking. They quietly sipped their soda, enjoyed the feeling of being close to one another, and "accidentally" brushed their hands together by reaching for popcorn at the same time.

After the movie, they tossed out their popcorn bucket and drink cups, walked out of the theater and made it a total of 5 steps out before they both burst out laughing. "Oh god. That was the worst thing I've seen."

"Can I just say, I called that village being filled with monsters five minutes into the movie. Which, I mean, that's fine, but having that being the revelation as final climax of the movie was just fucking stupid. Sorry that movie was so awful." 

"Who cares? At least I had fun with you. And I know you have some standards for the movies you watch."

"And I got to learn you have good taste in your men." (Y/n) laughed lightly to himself. "So, are we heading back to my place or...?"

"I mean-"

(Y/n) suddenly cut off as another man around his age ran up to the two of them. "Hey Allen. Hi Allen's new boyfriend."

"Hmm? Oh, hey Zao. (Y/n), this is my buddy Zao. There's a 70% chance he's high right now, and even if he isn't don't take him seriously. Zao, this is my date, and we're discussing if we're going back to my place to fuck or not, so shoo."

Zao, instead of running off, grinned. "So you are bi?"

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

Zao ran off to another group of men on the street. "I was right motherfuckers, you owe me ten bucks each!"

Allen sighed while (Y/n) watched him in confused amusement. "Friends of yours?"

"Not exactly. Come on, are we going back to my place or not?"

"Let's go."