England X Reader

A couple announcements!

1) I will not be writing lemon/smut anymore. I don't enjoy it and don't think I'm very good at it. I'll be leaving the few bits I have written up, but I will not be adding to that collection. This will be reflected in updated rules in the first chapter as well

2) Going forward, all chapters will be using gender neutral they/them. If you request, I will use different pronouns, but in all other circumstances, it will be they/them. Again, I will not be removing/editing prior chapters. 

I hope you all enjoy!

(Y/n) woke up to a door flying open down the hall and groaned as they rolled out of bed. their husband was always like this, but usually he wasn't as loud about it. Tiredly, they dragged themselves down the hall and down the stair while Arthur rummaged around in the guest room. Why he insisted on keeping his ties in there was beyong them, but it was a fight they were long past having.

They went into the kitchen and started to make him breakfast, just a simple sandwich of banana and peanut butter to get them through to lunch. He certainly wasn't going to be able to make breakfast for him self while he was running around looking for... whatever it was he was doing. They way it sounded like things were going, he was also going to need some coffee made for him to.

They rubbed their eyes as they walked over to the coffee maker, then sighed. So that's what he was looking for. "Arthur?"

"I'm a bit occupied at the moment love!"

(Y/n) popped a cup into the coffee maker and started brewing coffee. "Are you looking for the blue and silver tie you put next to the coffee maker last night so you wouldn't have to hunt it down?"

Arthur darted down the stairs and (Y/n) held up the tie without looking up from the coffee maker. "Bloody Hell, the one time I try to make my life easier and it turns out like this."

(Y/n) screwed the lid onto his travel mug as he struggled to get it on properly. "Your presentaion is going to be just fine, Arthur. You know what you're talking about."

"When did I tell you I had a presentaion?"

"You didn't, but you always get like this when you have a presentation."

"I do not."

(Y/n) handed over the sandwich wrapped in a paper towel. "Then how'd I know you had a presentation without you telling me?"

Arthur sighed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up, love."

"It's fine Arthur. I'll be fast asleep in five minutes." They kissed him on the cheek. "You have your briefcase?"

"I left it by the garage door." Arthur then rushed past her to glance down the hallway, before sighing with relief. "I left it by the garage door."

"And all the work files you need for today are inside?"

"Yes."

They smiled and nodded. "And you have a kiss on both cheeks?"

"Yes, I do," he said tiredly and took a sip of his coffee before pausing. "Wait a minute."

They kaughed and kissed his other cheek. "I love you honey. Everything's going to be just fine. Now get out of here. You're already going crazy about this work thing, I don't want you driving yourself insane out there on the roads, understand me?"

Arthur smiled and kissed them back. "Yes, I know darling. I'll let you know when I'm on my way home, all right?"

"All right Arthur."

He nodded and rushed off. (Y/n) went to get themselves a glass off water before blinking. "Arthur?"

"Yes, love?"

"Don't forget your breakfast and coffee."

Arthur swore, ran into the kitchen, grabbed his cup and sandwich, narrowly avoided spilling coffee on himself, swore again as he ran back into the hall and ran back into the garage. (Y/n) waited for a second, heard the door open and again and the jingle of his keychains before he actually ran out.

Oh, he didn't have lunch. (Y/n) sighed. He could buy lunch for himself. They were going to take a lovely day off for themselves and check in on their husband when he had finally calmed down.

(Y/n) genuinely did mean to check in on him. But one hour of video games lead to another, and another, and then 5 more and by the time they finally decided to shoot him a quick text, he was calling them. "Hello?"

"Hi honey."

"So how was it?"

"It went really well. Apparently there are whispers about a promotion for me, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up."

"You deserve a promotion for all your hard work."

"Are you just saying that so that I could support both of us while you stay home and play video games all day?"

"No! How could you accuse me of such a thing?!"

"I can hear Hades in the background."

"Just because I play video games in my free time doesn't mean that I expect you to fund my couch gremlin lifestyle," they said, lying back down. "Don't get me wrong, I'd love that, but I'm not expecting that from you."

Arthur laughed. "Did you eat lunch darling?"

"Uh..."

"No. Did you at least have breakfast?"

"Not exactly, but-"

"A bag of crisps does not count as a meal (Y/n)."

"It's not a nutritional substitue, but it is calorically."

Arthur mumbled something under his breath and sighed. "Get dressed, will you?"

"I am dressed."

"In something that doesn't have cheese powder or grease all over it please, love. We're going out to dinner."

"Oh, so it went that well." They peeled themselves off of the couch and stretched. "Fine fine, let me finish this last bit and I'll be ready to go."

"I'll be home in half an hour love. 'This last bit' can't take you too long, okay?"

"Okay Arthur, I know."

"It cannot be until your third death."

"I understand Arthur."

"You owe me a massage when we get back from the restaurant if you're not ready to go when I get back."

"I get it, I get it. I'm hanging up on you so I can finish my game and then get dressed, okay?"

"Okay." 

(Y/n), true to their word, did not  play to their third death. Just to their second. Unfortunately, that did still take them 20 minutes, so they just left the controller on the couch and darted upstairs. Luckily for them, they had their nice clothes set aside in one part of the closet, so they grabbed a nice sweater and pair of jeans with some dress shoes.

Once dressed and done up, they raced back down and properly turned off the video game as they heard the garage door open. They grabbed their phone and hunted down their wallet before running out the back door.

Arthur stepped out of the car as they ran over and kissed him on the cheek. "I told you it would be fine."

"You did. Why are you breathing so hard, love?"

"No reason in particular." They ran around the car and slipped into the passenger seat while Arthur got back into the driver's spot. "So, where are we headed?"