Russia x Reader

Ivan was not pleased to be awoken by a frantic knocking on his door at 3:44 in the morning. "Mr. Braginsky, I'm terribly sorry to wake you up right now-"

"If you are terribly sorry, you will go away and let me sleep, da?"

"-but (Y/n) is at the door and she says she really needs to see you."

"Let her in and send her up." Toris scrambled to comply with his order while Ivan sat up in his bed and poured himself a drink from the bottle sitting next to his bed. He hadn't seen (Y/n) in months since she'd begun dating her girlfriend, Gina, but it was still early in the morning and he was tired.

There was another knock on the door. "Come in."

(Y/n) pushed the door open and quietly closed it behind her. "Hello Ivan. I'm so sorry to bother you right now, but I need someplace to stay, just for a little while. I'll be out of your hair by tonight."

"Nyet, you can stay for as long as you want. Let me show you to the guest room." He stood up from the bed and brought her across the hall to one of the many spare rooms he had. "If you need anything, all you need to do is ask."

"Thank you Ivan." She turned around to give him a quick hug before crawling under the covers of the bed. Ivan closed the door behind him and went back to bed, but he couldn't help thinking that she felt a little smaller than normal.

In the morning, Ivan went down to the kitchen to see (Y/n) sitting at the table drinking a glass of water. "G-good morning Ivan. I hope you don't mind, I was just really thirsty and-"

"It's no problem at all. Would you like some breakfast?"

"Oh, that's alright, I can't pay you back for it, so-"

"Who cares about being paid back? We are friends, are we not?"

"Y-yeah, of course we are. I just don't want to be a burden."

"You're not a burden, you're a welcome guest. You should come over more often, everyone in the house seems happier when you're here. I'll have Ravis make us a nice meal."

"O-okay..." She still showed a little hesitation, so when Ravis came downstairs, he had to assure her that he truly didn't mind for almost five minutes before she reluctantly let him cook for her while Ivan talked to her.

"So, why did you need to come here at 4 in the morning?"

"I-I really hope I'm not being a bother-"

"I promise, no one here thinks of you as a bother. Stop worrying about it. But seriously, is something going on? I haven't seen much of you since you begun hanging out with Gina."

"Oh, we just... got in a fight last night. I... didn't want to be at home, and your house was just the closest. I promise, I'll be out of your hair by tonight."

"Don't worry about it, really."

Because they all hadn't seen her in so long, Ivan told Eduard, Toris and Ravis to take the day off so they could all play board games together like they been doing since they were in middle school. Slowly, (Y/n) began to stop stuttering and seemed to smile bigger and more genuinely.

"Oh, it's getting late, isn't it?" Eduard said as he looked at the clock. "Shall we start lunch?"

"Lunch sounds nice."

"Hey, (Y/n), would you mind making something for us? I'd love to have some (heritage) food again."

"Uh, sure. Let me just see what you have in the fridge." She got up from her seat, and in no time, the scent of seasonings and vegetables filled the enitre house.