2p!England x Veteran!Male!Reader (Request)

"Ollie, what are you doing?"

Oliver set down the piping bag he was holding to roll his eyes at Arthur. "I'm decorating a cake, what does it look like I'm doing?"

"I can see you're making a cake, but why are you making it at 3 o'clock in the bloody morning?" Arthur asked, gesturing to the dark sky outside the window. "I know you've been doing online orders, but I have work to go to in... 4 hours, and I'd like to know how you think I'm able to get my rest while you're playing music when I'm supposed to be sleeping."

"I'll turn the music off, go back to bed Artie."

Oliver reached over toward his phone, but Arthur grabbed his wrist. "Forget it, I already called ahead to tell them I was sick. I think all your recent baking has made my stomach swell too much to be healthy anyway."

"Then why are you even here complaining?" Oliver switched off his music before picking up his piping bag and going back to piping small rosettes on the four layer cake. "Just go to sleep or call Francis or something."

"Oliver." Arthur placed his hand gently on Oliver's hands, which made him look up in surprise. "Put the bag down, we're going to have a chat."

"You don't need to talk to me like you would a five year old, I'm-"

"Oliver, (Y/n) will be home soon."

The blue eyed man froze in his spot before turning to look at his cousin. "I-"

"Oliver, don't pretend like this isn't about him. You've been antsy and restless ever since he called you about coming home three days ago. Do you want to talk to me about it?"

Oliver sighed. "I just... he was supposed to come back two months ago. I can barely talk to him anymore and I miss him so badly. I asked him when he'd come back and he said he didn't know."

Arthur sighed sadly. "Ollie, I understand that you're anxious. But baking complicated cakes and pies and pastries in the middle of the night isn't healthy, and (Y/n) would be worried about you."

"It's not that bad, only when I'm antsy."

"Oliver, I have woken up to your timers going off five times in the past week, our fridge is stuffed to the brim with your leftovers, we haven't been able to eat a home cooked meal in 20 days, and there's another timer going off in two seconds."

The sound off beeping filled the air, and Oliver quickly shut it off before reaching into the oven and pulling out a tray of macarons. "I'm sorry, but this is the only thing that's been able to calm me down for the longest time."

"I know, I know Ollie. Its fine. Just... during the day, okay? Only doing the day. And maybe we could clear some space in the fridge? Give some away to the neighbors, have some friends over, I don't really care, but I'd like to have some more space in there for real food."

"Take out and leftovers from Francis don't count."

Arthur managed a laugh, despite being so tired, ignoring the car the drove past the kitchen window. "Let me correct myself, I'd like more space for meals. And not be tempted into getting diabetes before I turn 35."

"I'll see what I can do about the space in the fridge, I'm sorry for taking up too much space. Maybe a get together with some friends will do some good for-"

Oliver suddenly cut off as he heard the front door unlock. He grabbed one of the knives that were kept on the counter before running to the front door to attack whoever who'd decided that they wanted to come into their house. "Oliver, wait-" He turned the corner, knife ready to sink into the robber, but he was stopped, wrist twisted it before being pulled forward into a... hug?