2p! France x Reader

(Y/n) closed the door to her apartment and walked out into the street. She'd been terrified of getting mugged when she first moved into the city, but now she walked with the confidence that she could defend herself thanks to her next door neighbor.

She arrived at the hotel she worked at and checked in at the front desk before changing into her uniform and beginning her shift as housekeeping staff. Making beds, vacuuming, refilling soap containers, it was boring and exhausting.

At least, that's what it had been.

She got off the elevator and walked to room 1501, which was on the other side of the hall to knock on the door. "Housekeeping!" She didn't get a response, so she tentatively knocked again. When no one responded the second time, she opened the door and set to cleaning up the room.

Jeez, this room is going to take forever to clean. It was one of the bigger rooms, but whoever had been staying there obviously didn't care to clean up. (Y/n) supposed that was what her job was for and immediately set to dealing with the kitchen.

She was just making the bed when whoever was staying in the room stormed in through the door. "I don't care what 'is fucking excuse is! 'e has until zhe end of the week to pay back what 'e owes, or I'm going to send some of my men to pay 'im a visit."

(Y/n) was against listening in on other people's conversations, so she quickly pulled out her phone and headphones, plugging them in and starting her music before she heard anymore and kept working.

She'd almost forgotten that someone else was in the room with her until she heard someone knocking against the door of the bathroom. She paused the music and turned around to see a tall man slouched over in the doorway watching her with a slight scowl. "Oh, I'm sorry sir, I didn't notice you came in. Would you like me to leave?"

He shook his head. "Just 'urry up please."

(Y/n) quickly set to finishing the rest of the room and emptied the garbage cans into her cart before leaving. It wasn't until she got to the next room that she noticed some of his trash consisted of paper towels and rags soaked in blood. What happened to him?

----

Francois walked out of a restaurant just down the street feeling much calmer than he had a day ago. It had taken a lot of prodding, yelling, and even a kidnapping, but he'd finally been paid the money he was owed. He decided celebrating wasn't out of the question and found his way to a bar and sat down on one of the stools.

"Hello, what can I get for you?"

He looked to his left and saw a familiar woman watching him. "You're that 'ousekeeper from yesterday, aren't you?"

She blinked then nodded. "Well, what are you having tonight?"

"Whiskey on the rocks."

"Coming right up." She slid him a glass of alcohol and went to go tend to some of the other patrons.

Francois had a habit of people watching when he drank, but somehow, his eyes were always drawn back to the friendly bartender behind the counter. She happily chatted with anyone who needed someone to talk to, even if they'd only just met. Something about her was just alluring and kept his attention almost the whole night. He was almost disappointed when her night was over and she had to go.

He was just staring out at the sky when she walked out. "You were drinking a lot tonight. Can you handle yourself or would you like me to walk you back to the hotel?"

"Non, I'll be fine."

"Alright then. Have a nice night." She waved to him as she walked away and he walked back to the hotel.