Sweden x Reader

(Y/n) didn't like to think about soulmates. Why would she? The universe decided that she didn't need one. Everyone had the words their soulmate says to them the first time they meet, and her wrist was blank. She covered her wrists with sleeves when it was cold, and tons upon tons of bracelets when it was warmer. Her friends and coworkers teased her relentlessly for her fashion choices, but she shrugged it off with a laugh and went about her day.

And she was fine with that. Once she'd gotten over the initial disappointment that she wouldn't have one, she let go of it. She saw her friends worrying and wondering about when they'd meet their soulmates, if they'd look decent enough, if it would be a nice day, if they'd embarrass themselves, and she was able to forget about it. She got a reputation for being carefree because soulmates had just taken a backseat in her brain.

That wasn't to say she'd completely forgotten. "(Y/n), you won't believe what just happened! My cousin found her soulmate last night!"

"Oh, really? That's nice (F/n)."

"Yeah. She said they were at a cafe when she ran into this tall woman, which resulted in them spilling their coffee all over the place. So, she starts rambling on and on and on about how sorry she is, and you wanna know what's written on her wrist?"

"What?"

"It says 'You're gonna have to marry me.' Like, how corny is that?"

(Y/n) forced a laugh. Of course, just because she didn't have a soulmate didn't mean that everyone else around her had. She was constantly being told of how people were finding their soulmates, especially now that they were in their twenties and thirties, when most people found their soulmates. But she kept a smile on her face and kept going about her days as per usual.

Then one day, her life was changed forever. "You're sending me where?"

Her boss slid some papers over to her. "This is completely optional, Ms. (L/n), but we think it would be a good idea if we sent you to one of our offices in Europe. It's our global center with people from all over the world working together in one place. You're someone who likes to try new things, so I thought you might like to go. Again, it's entirely up to you whether or not you want to go."

(Y/n) looked over the papers, then shrugged. "I don't see why not. I've always wanted to travel."

"Great. I'll inform the head of their HR department. Good luck in Europe."

"Thank you."

Almost no one was surprised that she'd decided to go to Europe on a whim, but that didn't stop people from trying to convince her to stick around. "I'll be so bored without you here. Besides, what if your soulmate is here and you're about to leave him or her behind?"

She rolled her eyes. "What if they're in Europe and I'd never meet them if I was here? I promise to call and text (F/n), so don't pout. Besides, I can go to all sorts of places in Erope since it won't be as expensive."

Packing for her travel wasn't too exhausting. Her apartment, which she found out was going to be in the UK, would already be fully furnished, so she didn't need any of her furniture from her old apartment, and once she had successfully sold it, she booked her trip and headed to the airport a day later.

Since she knew she'd be landing in the morning, she tried to get some sleep on the plane, but with minimal success. (A/n: I am so jealous of you people who are able to sleep on those things. A plane is the only way I will ever be able to pull an all-nighter.) So of course, when she landed, she was tripping over nothing, almost running into things and misplacing everything only to discover them in her pockets a little while later.