Canada x Reader

Matthew woke up to a frantic shaking of his shoulder. "(Y/n), is something wrong?"

She shook her head and pointed out the window. "Look!"

He rubbed his eyes and glanced out the window to see thousands upon thousands of small white snowflakes falling to the ground and coating everything in a blanket of snow. He looked back to (Y/n) whose eyes were sparkling with excitement. "Breakfast first, then we can go outside, yeah?"

Without another word, she flew down the stairs to make food while Matthew sighed and followed her to make sure that they had everything they needed to go play outside. Luckily, they did. Matthew didn't think (Y/n) would be willing to stay inside if she didn't have everything to keep her warm.

Since she was born in a place close to equator, (Y/n) had seen very little of snow, so when she moved up to Canada with him and it started to get colder, it was all she would talk about. It had snowed earlier, but there was barely enough to do anything with. The streets hadn't even needed to be plowed.

He went into the kitchen, deciding to make some bacon and cut up fruit while (Y/n) was making pancakes, their favorite. She set their plates on the table, practically inhaling her food before rushing off the coat closet and getting dressed while Matthew hung back to take care of the dishes.

"Mattie, hurry up, I wanna play in the snow!"

"You don't have to wait for me dear, go ahead without me if you want to." He heard the front door being flung open before it was slammed shut and (Y/n) ran into the yard, falling backwards into the snow while Matthew watched from the window and laughed. He quickly pulled on his own winter gear and went outside to see her spread out making a snow angel.

"Come on, join me!" Matthew laughed before flopping down beside her and making his own snow angel, thinking about how they'd quickly get covered up by the falling snow. Eh, they could just remake them later.

Suddenly, (Y/n) jumped up. "I wanna make a snowman! Come on!" She dragged him up and began rolling snow into balls while Matthew collected some sticks and rocks for his arms and face. When she was finally done, she took the supplies from him and stuck them in. "Do we have a carrot?"

"Let me go see." Matthew went inside and pulled a carrot he may or may not have been saving for when this happened and went back outside to hand it to (Y/n). She thanked him before sticking it into the middle of his face.

"What else do you want to doin the snow?"

She thought to herself before kneeling down and gathering up more snow. Matthew leaned over to see what she was doing, right before she slammed it into his face and dashed off, laughing maniacally as he brushed the snow off of his face.

"Alright, if that's the way you want to play, Maple!" He gathered his own snowball before following her to the backyard and launching her into a snowball war, the likes of which she had never seen.

After their snowball war, they built an igloo that they could crawl into, then a smaller one for Kumajiro, as well as a small snow replica of the small bear. They went out into the woods to do some sledding, then they found a pond and did some ice skating. Teaching (Y/n) to ice skate made his heart swell with warmth, especially when she begged to have him come back out to do it again the next day.

After (Y/n) declared herself finally done playing outside, it had already started to get dark. They went inside and got out of all of their winter gear and Matthew made them both hot chocolate. He went into the family room to see (Y/n) curled up on the couch with a blanket around her shoulders. When she noticed him, she lifted up a bit of the blanket and motioned for him to join her on the couch.

He handed her the mug of hot chocolate before joining her and turning on the television so they could binge Christmas movies while the wind picked up and dumped even more snow onto the ground. Kumajiro crawled onto the couch and curled up in (Y/n)'s lap.

They had dinner in the family room too, and (Y/n) kept staring out the window. "Maple?"

"Yes Mattie?"

"With the amount of snow we're getting, we might not be able to leave the house tomorrow, so try not to be too disappointed if we have to stay inside, eh?"

She pouted, but reluctantly nodded her head and snuggled into him as he wrapped his arms around her.

"If it makes you feel better, I can show you how to make gingerbread men and a gingerbread house."

Her eyes lit up again, and she stared up at him with puppy dog eyes. "Can we?! Pleeeeeeease?!"

He laughed and ruffled her hair. "Of course we can."

When they eventually retired for bed, (Y/n) handed him a medium sized package. "You have to wear this tonight, no buts."

He raised and eyebrow at that, but opened the package and looked at the clothes nonetheless. It was a large onesie made to look like a polar bear, which also had the added side effect of making Kumajiro look at it in confusion. "Y-you..."

"Come on, please? Just for tonight?"

"Fine, fine. Just let me change." He stepped into the bathroom and removed his sweater before getting into the garment and zipping up the front of it. He had to admit, it did look good on him.

He walked back into the bedroom, only to see (Y/n) curled up on the bed wearing her own polar bear onesie, the hood pulled over her head to show off her ears and her tail noticeably sticking out. "M-maple..."

"Cuddle with me Mattie!" He sighed and crawled into the bed with her after turning off the light, letting her snuggle against his chest and tangle her legs with his before they both drifted off to sleep.