Chapter 19- Isekai Protagonist III

How wrong had he been? This whole situation was tiresome, even a bit a bit of a bore at times.

Jiro hunched over a table, drink in hand and eyes focused on the ground. His expression was nothing more than a result of this predicament, his endless recycled world he lived in. Almost eight months passed now since he came to this world, eight long months. At first, his abilities had proven to be more than exciting; he was incredibly powerful, picked up on anything easily, was incredibly liked, rich now thanks to the result of these passives, and had a choice of virtually any woman he wanted.

About six months ago he had decided it was time to leave that small village in search of something better, of course, the three companions he had up to that time had volunteered to tag along, and so off to his own adventure they went. To his knowledge, the village he had spent all along used to be part of a fallen human kingdom, now only small villages and a few towns had remained in these lands known as the Brigade Nation. He had gone around, easily defeating foes, and monsters, recruiting new members to his existing party, his fame growing among these small settlements and moving from one to another. He upgraded his gear, his weapons, his levels rose and his skill knowledge expanded. He easily rose to the top of every situation, and for a good while this was exciting and far more than he expected. Today though, after slaying a large underground mole monster that was terrorizing this town, for the first time he started to feel glum about his situation.

It wasn't that he wasn't enjoying this still, far from it, but if he sat down and examined the situation, he started bringing himself down. This world was... too perfect. He was as powerful as he wanted to be, he could get with basically any girl he wanted, he was rich and apparently handsome thanks to his [Generic MC] passive. His life consisted of eternal bliss in this world, and part of him was growing dull, desiring something that felt real. The life he led was almost too good, too easy; he wanted something else but he couldn't put it into words.

"Hey."

He glanced up and saw Yua, his first companion sit across the chair from where he was and smile pleasantly. Jiro returned the smile, the feelings of doubt over the world he lived in fading a little too quickly.

"What's up Yua."

"You were looking a bit sad, just wanted to see if you were okay."

He laughed and raised hi glass. "Why wouldn't I be, we just saved the town from these monsters!"

She nodded in agreement and looked towards the cheering crowd. "If it wasn't for you, their town would be buried underground, so many of them would have been killed."

Jiro felt a sense of pride was over him when he heard those words but at the same time a loaming sensation of loathe washed over.

"We did it together after all."

[Inexplicable Likeability]

'Shut up, please!'

Yua looked flushed, her eyes shifting back and forth between him and the room. "Jiro..."

"What is it?"

"The...the others will be busy for a few hours collecting the reward. I was... I was... wondering..."

'Oh?'

She looked bright red now, her body was frozen solid and her hands were glued tightly to her lap. "Maybe... my room."

He internally smirked, the benefits kicking in again from his abilities. The loathsome feeling retracting for a bit but still ever present.

"Sure-"