Chapter 48-Talking to a Prince

"We're just going to have a little girl talk on the side, you don't mind do you Say." the unknown girl spoke out reaching out for Kami's hand.

Say did not get to answer that, instead he watched as Kami got dragged off into a tent that was close by. He was getting ready to follow after them when someone shouted at him.

"Hey, you, I know you!"

He turned around and saw an unfamiliar face, some dark haired dark eyed plain looking adventurer.

Say looked to either side of him, there clearly being enough people around at the moment to whom he might be directing his comment to. "Pardon, are you talking about me?"

"Yes you, you're the one that drag me here alongside Kami."

His eyes lit up, who was this strange person who happened to know Kami's name. He racked his brain trying to figure it out but cut it short, on account of his lack of interest.

"I'm afraid I do not know who you are. If you know Kami though I assume you are one of her little human followers."

"How do you not remember me, I'm the guy who was teleported into this cave because YOU messed up."

Say raised his hands and gently placed his chin between his thumb and fore finger. Back when they had teleported using the gateway, there was a certain person who had stepped out from hiding to defeat a monster. Defeating that monster had actually been the trigger to get the gateway working, so whoever had done so was actually at fault. If he was the person who finished of that creature, then he himself was to blame for whatever predicament he was spouting on about.

His over-the-top shouting was turning a few eyes their way but the adventurers and guards were still preoccupied glancing at the Naga that was dead just a few feet away.

"If you wouldn't mind keeping it down, I rather not draw so much attention to ourselves."

"You're annoying, you're going to play THAT kind of pretty boy, so unoriginal."

"Again, I have to say, pardon me?"

"Listen, I don't know why Kami is traveling with you but leaving her alo- where is she anyway?"

"I'm under no obligation to disclose any information to you."

"Trying to keep her all to yourself huh?"

"That is normally my intention, yes, but do not make it sound so barbaric."

Jiro grinned and crossed his arms as he stepped up towards Say. "I'll have you know I saved her from some monsters, we're totally hitting it off."

"I highly doubt that's the case." Say retorted.

"Hey, believe what you want, we did come here together after you left her all alone in the cave."

Say sighed and turned his attention away from the bothersome conversation and instead stared at the tent. What were they doing or talking about it there?

He was hoping to reason with Kami to return back to Heaven. There was no reason for someone of her stature to be meddling in such a small insignificant universe. He gently tapped his chest and felt something hard on the other side. Inside the lining of his suit, in a pocket was a small wrapped gift, one containing a certain sequel to a game she loved. While she frolicked around in this universe time had moved a lot faster there, meaning there were at this point potentially eons of new games, anime, manga, series, anything she loved in terms of hobbies that he could use to draw her in. This one in particular was the big cherry on top of the mountain of ice cream. She could not remain here; she should not remain here and so it was his job to bring her back.