Chapter 37- Showing

Solomon alongside others stood stoic in place, jaws tensed up and eyes wide open.

They had headed outside, towards the training grounds were a number of adventurers practiced using multiple tools available to them, like work out gear, training dummies, and obstacle courses. There were even stands around a large ground where people could watch others spar.

Kami had been lead outside to show her proof that the request had been completed and so what better way to do so than to bring out the culprit itself.

Their foreheads bared drops of sweat and their throats dried up. They stood before a large wolf, the one that had been attacking their roads and making trouble for them, the beast that had no face to them yet caused them to be wary, Inugami.

The large wolf, sat dignified, chest raised and head held high. Its appearance was slightly different than she had imagine. His normal coat color could still be vaguely seen underneath the coat of glowing gold that emanated from its body. It's as though it had adopted the glowing gold essence into its fur and simply blended instead of overtaking it overall. It was vastly still a golden wolf but there was another layer of opacity reminiscent of what it looked like before becoming what he is now.

The others alongside Solomon had to raise their head just to maintain eye contact with Inugami, who by all means looked down on them as though they were unworthy of his presence.

"I-is that a monster?"

"It's so big..."

"It's a familiar, it has to be a familiar, that mage girl summoned it."

"T-that's the girl that defeated the dragon, did she use this monster to defeat it?"

"It looks like a divine creature. The shine on its coat itself is so magnificent."

"This is Inugami, he is...was the wolf that was causing all those problems." Kami spoke out ignoring the whispers from the other adventurers.

The guild master looked towards Kami having broken from the state of shock and grunted. "How is this possible, necromancy... no... it's not as dark and ominous."

"It's my own type of summoning, I can take the monsters I defeat and add them to my forces."

Kami noticed as Solomon's eyes darted with concern in her direction yet again. "Any monster you defeat, does that mean the-"

She nodded before he could finish his sentence, she knew what he was about to ask.

"Well well, this is a surprise, I do sense that it is a magnificent beast but I also sense that its strength might have been, greatly over exaggerated.

Inugami bared its teeth and let out a low hummed growl to the surprise of those standing around watching.

"Is it going to attack?!"

"Calm down, it's a familiar, it can't attack unless its ordered to."

"Wow it's getting mad."

Solomon let out a chuckle ignoring the empty threat. "I seem to have angered it with my words."

He was right by all accounts. Inugami was weaker in this state than before.

[Status Menu]

Name: Inugami

LVL: 6

EXP: 760/1800

Title: Wind's Shadow

Class: Wolf

HP: 403/403

Stamina: 440/440

Mana: 357/357