Chapter 35- Down to the Last

It ran around, clawing at any of the wolves that got too close, and avoiding any of their own claws and teeth as they lunged at it. Despite its larger size the alpha was incredibly fast, moving to some point where the summons had to take a second to realize where it had moved before they chased after it.

Was this not a battle, it would almost seem like a mother running around and its puppies trying to desperately chase after her.

[Status Menu]

Name: Inugami

LVL: 38

EXP: 52,165/58,000

Title: Wind's Shadow

Class: Wolf

HP: 1,475/1,475

Stamina: 1,353/1,844

Mana: 876/1,012

Strength: 1,108

Endurance: 1,007

Intelligence: 1,163

Dexterity: 2,961

Charisma: 986

Wisdom: 1,059

'It has a name; it really must be a unique creature. I'm surprised it's still a wolf class though.'

She admired the alpha, Inugami. It was easily much larger than the smaller wolfs. Its fur was a mixture of white, mostly the bottom half of its body, and a very light green shade covering the top half. From its chest down the white fur part of its body ran lines of gleaming dark green lines, those which she did not know if they meant something. Its eyes akin to her own were a sky-blue hue. There was a mystical gleam that surrounded its coat, whenever it moved it left a trail of this in the air which made it appear as though there were after images of itself.

The wolves relentlessly pursuit Inugami, the alpha wolf, but they were much too slow. This did not surprise her what so ever, after all that was not her end game.

'Just a little longer.'

The flames and burning ground beneath made it harder for Inugami to move around while swatting away at the wolves who were torn to shreds and brought back to life the next second. Still with its speed and mobility it made the process look almost unnaturally easy as it hopped around avoiding any of the hazards and keeping complete balance while still countering at the same time.

Kami smiled watching closely, she wanted to test how far she could push it, what it could do and what its limits were.

Sure enough, after a while of running around springing into the air and trying effortlessly to cut down the numbers Inugami began to slow down.

'Aha! There we are.'

She inhaled and exhaled, grinning as she knew the weight of the atmosphere was finally starting to affect it. The combustion and lingering fire was making it hard for it to breathe, with very little oxygen it seemed that even a strong creature could be fell without the use of a direct attack.

Its eyes darted towards hers, both their gazes met and it knew at that moment that Kami had the upper hand.

Inugami stopped and reared its head into the air, letting out a rumbustious howl.

Kami moved faster though her finger lifted towards the wolf. "[Silence]!"

It continued to rear its head but no sound came from within its mouth. Inugami had planned to bring forth the power of wind using its magic to fill the air with once more and blow away at the flames but without the use of its voice there was not even a slight breeze that picked up.