Chapter 6- Heading to the City of Alzel

The previous night was long gone, and the sun was beginning to rise over the top of sea of trees. The weather looked particularly well today as the light touched down on the small village of Itsu.

Somewhere near the outskirts of the village, a girl laid on the ground with a glass on her hand and a fazed stare.

"Nugh..." she groaned.

'I didn't know I could get drunk...'

She looked around and saw a couple of other faces, a few members of the village lying unconscious around the grass. They were far more drunk then she could afford to reach. After their second barrel of alcohol most of them were already passed out, but Kami had persisted through the night, after her eight barrel she began feeling tipsy, on the tenth she really started to feel woozy, and by time she drank her fifteenth, she was almost blacking out. The villagers were past impressed at that point, and some were just worried for their supply of alcohol.

Kami could still remember their faces as they watched her guzzle down barrel after barrel on her own. She had to admit, after a while, the feeling of being drunk became incredibly pleasant.

'I understand why they do this now, I- I can get used to it.'

She pushed herself off the ground and onto her feet, the glass dangling between her fingertips and her blank stare hovering over the others. "It...it was fun you guys, b-but I have to get going."

A few of the groaned but the majority of them were passed out. Kami stumbled from side to side, her vision adjusting itself, back towards the village.

'Alright I... I got to clean up, I can't go around the village looking like this.'

She came to a stop before going in any further, lifted her hands up to her face and gave her cheeks a quick slap. Kami focused for a while and started to feel the effects of being intoxicated leaving her body. A notification appeared which read.

(Passive [Zen Recovery] acquired)

'Zen Recovery?'

[Zen Recovery]

Allows the expungement of status ailments by remaining still and focusing. Regen for all resources is temporarily doubled for an week after use.

'That's convenient, so not only can I master skills in one go, but passives? Being God really is its own reward~!'

She brought her hand towards the air and a small mirror spawned from virtually nothing. She glanced into but all she could see was her lively face, like she had just gotten out of the shower.

'Speaking of which a bath would be nice, I hope I don't end up smelling bad in my human form?'

She burrowed her eyebrows with a worried expression. Kami continued her way back into the town noticing a few of the villagers were already up and about. A few of them were cleaning up the mess left from the goblins attack, others were fixing their homes and replanting their crops. It seemed they were trying to get back to normality as fast as they could. Either way, Kami already knew her destination. She wanted to leave as soon as possible, not because she hated this place, but simply for the sake of making good time.

Eventually she ended standing in front of Itsu's house, which like the others, was in a bit of a mess.

Itsu was sweeping away at the front of his house, idly staring down at the ground all the meanwhile.