Chapter 7- Training the Companion

"Just make sure not to swing too wide, you'll leave yourself open for a counter attack."

"G-got it!"

Kami stood amidst an ocean of trees observing Himari practicing her swordsmanship. She had found this clearing after a bit of searching where they could rest up after a few hours of walking. Himari had wanted to practice using her sword for a while so Kami took in on her to show her how to do so. In truth though, she wasn't very confident if what she was teaching her would prove to be useful or not.

'Does she gain EXP from training or any skills? If so, how long does it take? So many questions...'

She glanced over at Hiromichi, who idly laid back on the ground next to a tree. His hands were crossed behind his head and his legs spread out without a care in the world. He was completely in his own peaceful world.

"Hiro..."

"Tch..." he said his already closed eyes squinting as though something annoying had just happened.

"Hiro."

"..."

"Hiro-Hiro."

"Dammit woman! What is it?!" he yelled out raising his back forward and glaring at Kami.

"Are you any good with a sword?"

"Heh, you think I'll train that brat or something?"

Kami looked put on an embarrassed act and mumbled loud enough for him to hear. "I'm not really good at using swords. I would really appreciate the help from a big strong man."

"W-what's with that cute attitude?!" he replied, but stood up nonetheless. "Look, I'm not much of a weapon fighter myself, but I got a few tricks up my sleeve or two." he grinned.

Himari still looked a bit uncomfortable around Hiromichi. She glanced at Kami in a bit of a panic. "I-it's fine mis Kami can keep teaching me..."

"Himari, it's okay. He's not going to hurt you. Right, Hiro?"

"Heh, don't count on-oof!" he was interrupted as he felt a sudden invisible jab hitting his abdomen. He looked up at Kami who was glaring back. "Y-yeah, nah you're good kid I gotchu."

He walked over towards Himari, his large image enveloped her small figure under his shadow. He stood there silently for a couple of seconds. "Alright kid, try swinging a that sword a few times, let me take a good look at what you got."

Himari nodded and held her sword to her side, she raised it over herself and started tossing the sword back and forth in the air.

Hiromichi closely watched her every move before he held his hands out. "Alright, alright, that's enough. Tch, your form is all sloppy kid, you gotta stand with your legs a bit further apart, otherwise the sword weight will slow you down. Also try holding your sword a bit more like this." he grumbled slowly adjusting her hand over the hilt. "There yah go, don't swing wide, she was right about that you leave yourself to open. If you're using this crappy shield too, keep your hand up, you gotta defend your front and side with it. Stop, stop! Look-"

He kept on throwing instructions while Himari closely listened and trained. Kami just stood there idly watching both of them go at it.

'He acts like a jerk most of the time but it's nice to see he's not just a criminal bend on chaos.'

A few hours passed by as Hiromichi's training continued before Himari looked exhausted.

She stumbled to the ground; her breathing was heavy.