Chapter 8- Dining

"Tell me something again..."

"What is it Hiro?"

"You don't have enough mana to create food, but you have enough for this?!"

Hiromichi pointed towards a table with a number of chairs. A variety of utensils, dishes and glasses were spread out over it and on the center a large iced sculpture of an unknown creature to him sat.

Kami glanced down as well at the multitude of pots and cooking tools she had created. "I recovered enough mana to make all this!"

"W-why not just make food?!"

She turned back to the large pot in front of her and silently continued cooking.

"Tch, I can't believe I'm going to eat this crap." Hiromichi mumbled as he walked towards one of the chairs next to Himari and sat down. He glanced back at Kami from behind and took in the aroma emanating from her cooking.

They had ended up a number of monsters on their way here. Kami hadn't picked on any of the monsters until after she had gathered a few materials around the forests and eventually she picked a few of the wolves as her main dish. It had been horrifying, even for Hiromichi, how easily Kami carved into the creatures and picked them apart.

Hiromichi shivered at the thought. He had lived a while now in the wild, but even so most of his food came from stealing out of villages or travelers, he had never resorted to eating anything out in the wild. Seeing Kami just easily tear into a wolf for nourishment made him think that perhaps she was a bit wilder than he was.

Himari on the other hand had seen some of the villagers back in the village cutting up some of the farm animals for meat, so she was fairly okay to the sight of exposed guts and blood. It at least did change a bit of her perspective of Kami a bit, seeing her in a different light than before.

Kami glanced down at the pot and then to her side were a few strips of meat were being slowly grilled. She clapped in delight at seeing her work in progress. "It should be almost ready!"

"Tch I hope so, you've been at it for a while now, you're a slow cook! Better be a good one at least."

"It can't be helped, the meat was a bit tough, I had to do a few things before I could make it easy on your teeth."

"Just make it quick!"

"Right away honey~!" she replied jokingly.

Hiromichi grumbled but steadily grew red while Himari giggled at him.

"Hey that's not funny kid!"

"You like miss Kami!" she chanted.

"W-what?! I do not! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Kami appeared next to Hiromichi and leaned in close enough to his face as she mischievously smiled. "You don't like me?B-but I was waiting for tonight..."

"W-w-w-what?!"

Her face flustered as she bit her lip and looked away shyly. "I suppose I'll sleep next to Himari instead."

Hiromichi's face was full of shock as he stared at Kami. She was awfully close, close enough for him to really notice for the first that how pretty she was. Her smooth skin, her glowing blue eyes, her lightly tinted pink lips and the red hue crimson hair that swayed in the breeze. There was a distinct smell of sweetness emanating from her that was intoxicating, and for reason he had overlooked this whole time. For the first time he realized he was dealing with a woman, and not just a small child like Himari. His eyes stared moving towards other parts that weren't just her face."Y-you..."