2: ☆ meeting of the aurors ☆

I couldn't remember for the life of me who's face I saw in my dream drop from the sky and plummet to their death. The only thing I was sure of is that it wasn't one of the people dressed as Harry, but one of the Aurors instead.

At the measly time of 9:30am, my dad sprinted downstairs alongside Ruby at the sound of my screams. He said they couldn't wake me up and get me to stop trashing until they dropped a bowl of water atop my head.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Dad asked while leaning against the wall, as I was bundled up in blankets on the sofa. I slowly shook my head no and tried to concentrate on the lines of the tile on the floor; they were cracks filled with dirt that trailed all the way to the front door—

"This is ridiculous," Ruby threw her hands up, "clearly she had a dream about what's going to happen tonight."

"Is this true?" Dad raised his eyebrow at me. I don't know why I wasn't just telling him what I saw, maybe I was afraid of the disappointment on his face when he realized I couldn't tell him who or when would be getting hurt. On the other hand maybe the disappointment would come from knowing someone's fate depends on their trip tonight.

"Violet are you actually stupid? Why aren't you talking? He's asking you a question—"

"Ruby take it easy," dad tried to coax.

"No I will not take it easy!" She said angrily, "Violet really thinks she's the only person that has lives riding on this trip. I care about them too and if I had this power I wouldn't hesitate but do something about it!"

"I can't remember," I said quickly and took my gaze away from the dirty tiles and onto both of their faces, "are you happy now that I said it? I remember someone falling from the sky, but I can't remember their face. So i'm sorry if you don't want me to make an announcement to everybody saying 'hey careful I might've seen you die in my dream but i'm not sure'."

"Ruby why don't you go upstairs for now," dad said lightly. I could see the emotion in her eyes swimming with rage and at dad's instruction she turned away and stomped up the stairs, "Vi I understand you didn't ask for these powers. But things like this, even if you can't remember are critical pieces of information the Aurors need to know."

I waited a couple seconds, watching him move from the wall to sitting beside me on the couch, "how are you all traveling tonight?"

"Most of us by broom I believe," he answered, "not all of us can fly one though so there are other means of transporting—"

"Whoever fell tonight won't be by broom," I spat out and looked him straight in the eye, "I have no idea who it was but they weren't on a broom, that i'm positive on." Dad stood up and walked over to the kitchen counter where he had a ongoing list over who would be matched with who for transporting Harry.

"I don't think any of us are going to get more sleep so why don't we get ready to take you girls to the Burrow," he offered me a smile and placed the piece of paper in the left drawer of the counter. I wanted to go over and look at the sheet but I knew that it would just create another argument in the already tense house.

Following the path of my sister, I went up the stairs and wasn't ready to face her so I decided to shower first. I scrubbed my body with a random bottle of shower gel and tried to get every piece of dirt, dead skin, and dust off my body.

As the soap was rinsed off me, the lack of sleep I had over the past few days tricked my eyes into turning the water a light red shade. I opened my eyes in fright trying to see if and where I was bleeding but I couldn't find anything.

I held in a choked sob and scrubbed at my body even harder wanting to get rid of the responsibility and guilt I felt. I had to figure out who it was before they left for their mission or else their death, their blood, would be on my hands.