36: ☆ prophecy ☆

We fell through the dark hair trying to grab anything, even each other to slow the speed at which we were plummeting down.

"Arresto Momentum!" Hermione shouted seconds before our bodies crashed into the ground.

I landed face down onto the dirty floor and heard everyone around me groan as their bodies dropped the same way.

"Thanks Hermione," I stood, wiping the dust off of my pants.

I looked around and saw the room we had entered was much larger than the last. It was dimly lit and had a rectangular shape. In the center of it was sunken, forming a great stone pit some 20 feet below them. We cb were standing on the topmost tier of what seemed to be stone benches running all around the room.

This is one of the rooms that Harry had described to us. But instead of a chair with Sirius tied up in it like he claimed there was an archway that held a black see through sheet to hang overtop the empty space.

"Who's there?" Harry asked as if someone had called out. He moved closer to the archway and as much as I wanted to inspect it as well, my survival instincts told me we needed to go.

"Let's go," called Hermione who was halfway to the exit, "This isnt right, Harry, come on let's go." I could hear in her voice that she was scared.

"Harry we need to go now," I urged him right behind Hermione, but he seemed to be entranced by the archway. Ron was lifting Ginny up to her feet and trying to carry her over to the exit where we all should've been heading.

"Someone's whispering behind there," he said as he frowned at the veil, "can't anyone else here it?"

"I can too," I said loudly but didn't move from my spot. Even though the archway was calling me, almost inviting me to get closer I resisted and tried to bring clarity to Harry, "it doesn't matter they can't help us we need to leave."

"There are people in there!" Luna said, Neville following suit as she stood directly next to Harry.

"It's just an empty archway," Hermione said firmly. Harry then got a weird look in his face and he turned around aggressively.

"Get behind me!" Harry yelled, pointing his wand up at the sky. All of us listened to and rushed over to get behind him. We stood still, but everything inside me was telling me that we needed to run. I knew that we were standing her like sitting ducks waiting for an attack to happen; what we needed to do was run straight through those doors and attempt to scream for help.

All I was praying for is that Sirius somehow heard my message through the call of the ring, and that help was coming.

Before I could even suggest another plan a flash of black took over my sight. I could feel arms trying to grab me in the midst of darkness, but I punched and kicked as hard as I could. Even attempting to hit them with my wand didn't stop the person that was trying to hold me.

I was suddenly gripped by the waist strongly and I felt the familiar turn of aparattion. My neck was being held in such a tight manner that I could barely breathe in and out.

"Well hello there darling," a mans voice whispered in my ear. I knew it was him. I knew it was Augustus Rockwood, "how's the family," he chuckled lowly in my ear.

"Fuck you," I hissed.

"Awe feisty little thing aren't ya." I tried to kick him hard with my leg but when I did, he constricted my airflow even tighter.

"Don't hurt them!" Harry pleaded from the center of the room. I glanced around as much as my head could turn and saw that each of us was being held by a different death eater.