21: ☆ yule ball ☆

In case anyone wanted to see, this is how I pictured Violet's hair and dress for the ball:

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I felt a bit insecure with how bold my look was. Not only was the green dress more fitting than the traditional ball gown, but the red lipstick was stained brightly on my lips.

I felt my stomach rumble with excitement for the night ahead. Hermione, Ginny, and Anastasia all stood next to me in a line, as we each descended the stairs to meet our dates.

I climbed down the stairs scrunching my green dress tightly in my hands. It was quite long and I was afraid I was going to trip over it and fall on my face while walking in heels.

When we reached the bottom, Krum was the first boy to approach our group as he grabbed Hermiones hand bowing. She gave him a small smile before waving goodbye to us and taking his arm. Ginny and Anastasia also met Neville and Dean leaving me to stand in the middle of the floor looking around for my own date.

Fumbling with the heart necklace my grandma gave me on my chest I bit my lip in nervousness. I hadn't forgotten that Fred wanted to meet at 10:00, and although I had been livid with him the last couple of days, I was eager to know what he was going to say. A raven haired boy approached me pulling me out of my thoughts.

"You look beautiful," Harry stated looking at my dress.

"Thank you Harry," I smiled, "you're also looking quite handsome in that green tie of yours," I teased knowing it took us hours to find one the perfect shade.

He rolled his eyes playfully and I hooked my arm into his. Outside of the hall there was a small photo booth area where each couple was to pass through and pose for a photo before entering. We stood in line waiting for our turn next to Ron and his date Lavender.

"You look great Violet!" my dorm mate complimented me while she was clinging onto Ron's arm.

"As do you Lavender!" I returned the compliment trying not to laugh at the look on Ron's face. I always knew she had some weird obsession with him and it was funny to see things start playing out.