25: ☆ rita skeeter ☆

The dirt was wet from the rain of the previous night. I kept lifting my feet to keep my shoes from getting stuck in the mud. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Professor Grubbly-Plank and I'll be your temporary care of magical creatures teacher," a plump lady announced in front of the class. We were at Hagrids cabin, and instead of seeing the giant man we were met with a elderly woman.

"Where's Hagrid?," Ron blurted out while the rest of us wondered the same thing.

"He is indisposed of," the Professor said shortly, "this way please." I could see the trio look at eachother in worry since Hagrid was first and foremost their friend. I wasn't as close to him as they were since I only met him this year. But I could tell the three were anxious at this news.

"Do you know why he's not here?" I curiously said to Harry.

"I didn't read it but Neville told me Rita wrote an article on him being half giant." I gasped but it made sense given the size of the man.

"And did you all know?" he shook his head.

"When I went to go find Ron at the Yule Ball we heard him tell Madam Maxine under the invisibility cloak. But he's never told us himself." I sported a sad look on my face knowing that Hagrid was always kind and friendly to anyone who treated him the same back. He didn't deserve to be treated badly over who his parents were, giant or not.

"Did you read the paper yet Granger," Draco spat while the Professor went in the hut to gather some supplies, "probably the most a fame a mudblood like you is gonna get."

"Shut it," I sneered stepping forward towards him. He just gave me his ugly look and raised his eyebrows.

"Only your first year here and you're already making enemies I see," he said.

"No enemies worth my time," I glared as his words didn't phase me.

"Oh yeah, keep the tough act up Pine. But from what I remember the paper didn't put you in a nice light either." Before I could ask him what he meant Professor Grubbly had returned and started passing out our parchment.

"What did he mean?" Hermione whispered over to me while we began to dig holes for the mystery creature.

"I have no idea. But you know i'm checking that stupid newspaper when we get back into the castle," I muttered preparing myself for the worst.

I hated to say so but the lesson went rather well with the new Professor. We got to pet a real live unicorn and learn their diet, mating habits, and maternal instincts. I knew the trio was loyal to Hagrid though so I kept my mouth shut. When we got back to the hall to eat some kind of lunch I looked for the newspaper.

"Can I borrow this?" I asked Neville seeing it at his side. He nodded while I grabbed it and flipped the pages open immediately.

"What!" Hermione exclaimed from next to me furiously. She grabbed the newspaper from my hands

"What, what does it say?" Harry questioned. Hermione looking like she was struggling to not burn the paper and processed to read it out loud.

Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen year old Harry Potter thought that he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggle-born Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss.

Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum, Bulgarian Seeker and hero of the last Quidditch World Cup, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to stay with him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays and insists that he has "never felt this way about any other girl."