34: ☆ reunited ☆

As soon as the thestrals landed on solid ground, Harry took off running. It was late in the evening, most people probably already home from work making the usual crowded streets empty.

Harry seemed to know where he was going since he led us down a couple lanes until we turned the corner and came to a stop.

"Get in!" He instructed hurriedly, opening the door to a small box. I looked at Ginny with wide eyes at his request.

"Is he joking?" I asked, but knew deep down Harry would never say something funny during a time like this. So at his order we all pushed and shoved until there was hardly any room inside the telephone box to breath.

"Whoever is nearest the receiver, dial six two four four two!" Harry instructed while the rest of us were crammed into this tiny telephone box. I tried to adjust myself but accidentally felt my hand totally grab Neville's butt.

"Sorry Neville," I grimaced and stopped moving. I decided that being squished was the better option to grabbing something I wasn't supposed to accidentally. Ron somehow turned his body at an odd angle and punched in the numbers.

"Welcome to the ministry of magic. Please state your name and business."

"Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger," Harry said as fast as he could, "Violet Pine, Ginny Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood. We're here to save someone."

"Thank you," said the robotic voice in the telephone booth, "visitors, please take the badges and attach them to the front of your robes."

I was the one closest to the metal shoot where the badges shot out of. With a quick cup of my hand I scooped the badges on and held them tightly. The floor of the booth shook and I could see the town we had sprinted through disappear from our eyes. We slowly moved down like in an elevator and sank into the entrance of the Ministry of Magic.

I had never entered this place but I could tell this isn't what it was supposed to look like. The halls were ghostly empty, and the light from the small lamps flickered giving us the tiniest amount of gold spots lighting up the path.

As soon as the door of the booth bursted open Harry toppled out of it. He didn't waste any time muttering incoherent instructions as he started sprinting down the hall the six of us following closely behind.

The further we went down the hall the more I could feel a sense of danger. For being the head of wizarding government in Britain, there seemed to be no security. The hall continued to be empty, and it gave me goosebumps on my skin that not even the sweat from sprinting could shake away.

We walked straight to a golden elevator and I could see Harry's handshaking to lift up to the keypad. I grabbed his hand while it was pressing the number 9 and looked at him softly.

"He's going to be okay Harry. We're gonna save him," I reassured. I tried to keep my voice strong and confident as the faces of everyone else made me feel as if we had failed our mission already. Everyone was doubting what we could accomplish but those defensive meetings we had weren't for nothing. We had practiced for a moment just like this.

"Department of Mysteries," a different robotic voice said calmly. The gates to the elevator opened and we all rushed in. A black door stood directly in front of us, glowing eerily.

"Are you sure this is it?" Hermione asked timidly.

"Positive," Harry said with full confidence and walked forward into the room. The rest of us hesitantly walked in, almost expecting an ambush to be awaiting us on the other side. Inside the room was about 15 doors sprawled across at random. The doors had no markings or no signs of what it contained on the other side. My eyes immediately zoomed in on the fourth one from the left. I don't know how or why but I felt a strong attraction to the door and knew I needed to go in there.