•17

20th Oct, 2020

Writer.

"How will you do it?"
Mayrah's Ammi hugged him tighter letting her tears make his shirt wet. He gently caressed her back while breathing heavily. Every minute seemed like an hour to him.

He again and again closed eyes to calm his shivering body but it increased more.
"Isaa..... how..will ..my daughter...uhh...she can't..."

"Aani....stop crying please."

"Let...let me go with you? I want to meet her."

"You've met yesterday. Not now please. Rest for a while." Breaking the hug, he leaned down placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Death is better for her, Isaa." Her voice came out firmly as she uttered moving her motherly desperation at a side.

Isaa totally agreed with her point. But the destiny wished the other one.

"Daadaa, come?" Mahdia entered putting her shoulder bag on. Isaa smiled at his Aani before walking away with Mahdia.

"Where's Mahdi?"

"In the car."

"Are you not upset with me like him?"

He found Mahdia smiling at his question. She turned her head right and looked up at him.

"If you don't bring Mumma back then I'll forever be upset with you."
She simply said making him expressionless.

His eyes shivered as he nodded with a weak smile and advanced towards the car.

As he started driving, his eyes every now and then noticed both his kids through the mirror.

Mahdia was busy in admiring the nature while Mahdi was lost in his thoughts. Quietly thinking about something as if he has loads of tension.

"Mahdi?"

"Yes Daadaa?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine...I'm also sorry."
He faked smiled at which Isaa felt his heart shattering apart.

"You...you know Mumma isn't well....that's why I....uhh..." He couldn't continue as his voice broke. He concentrated on driving while Mahdi again went back to his thoughtful world.

As the car stopped beside the big building, 2 doors of the car opened revealing 3 of them out.

The kids walked before Isaa as they entered inside. Isaa stopped walking seeing his assistant coming towards him.

"Mahdi Mahdia, wait here. I'm coming." Saying so he left.

His kids waited for 10 minutes but he didn't return. Being desperate, they both decided to go to their mother without waiting for Isaa.

"Daadaa will scold."

"But he's so late."

They both walked in and switched the elevator off. Within 2 minutes, they reached as the door opened revealing a big hall having many doors.