•11

6th Mar, 2021

Writer.

The tensed environment grew even more worried as the surrounding echoed with his loud cries yelling out of his lungs. Everyone roamed around waiting for his consoler, but she yet didn't return.

Shahveer felt so unsuccessful being a father, he doesn't have the ability to calm his son, he failed in it. His son is crying for so long that made his head ache, heart clench.

Nahiaan stood on Shahveer's Chachi's lap. Wiping his nose, wailing, he felt as if he lost someone, just in a day, in few hours. His throat dried but eyes continued shedding tears in grief and most probably anger too.

He had a nightmare that awaked him in shivering and crying state. Shahveer tried consoling him but he only asked for Thanzia, who unfortunately was with Tanveer in their new house till they informed her about Nahiaan.

"MUMMUMMMMM....... aaaaaaaa...eeeee..mmm.."

"Allah! Iaan Mummum is coming baby please don't cry. Ya Allah this boy will lose his voice."
Shahveer's Chachi walked right and left trying her best to calm Nahiaan but he as if swore to only stop in Thanzia's lap.

He's crying from around half and hour and they called Tanveer before 15 minutes. They rushed out worriedly but as the new Villa is little far from here, still they are in their way.

"Shahveer call her again."

"They...are in their way." He said scratching his eyebrows in anger and tension. His heart ached so much, again somewhere it felt peace happy to believe that his son found a mother, unaware that she loves his son for his sake.

"My jaan please have patience, your mum is coming soon."
Shahveer's Chachi said holding his face as she wiped his tears, he stared at her helplessly as a muffled sob escaped his lips.

Shahveer's father and other sat quiet, unable to help in anything as they know that they need to wait till Thanzia arrives.

And finally she did!

"My son!"

With two words, she stepped in and stood at the door. Tanveer came running near her, their expressions tensed and full of guilt.

"Zia!!! Finally!"

Nahiaan's eyes travelled to Thanzia who stood many steps far from him, frozen to move, as if her legs disallowed to run to him.

As soon as he believed that it's her, his voice downed except for his hiccups. His eyes lessened raining as he looked at her helplessly, saying nothing.

Shahveer breathed in relaxation looking at Tanveer who gave him a sorry look and forwarded near them.

Thanzia slowly made her way towards Nahiaan who is looking at her with the best ever helpless expression, his cheeks swollen as eyes turned deeper with redness.

Everyone looked at their way as Thanzia stood few steps away from him and made the gap of her Niqaab bigger to show her eyes to Nahiaan.

She gulped down and looked around making Nahiaan jump in his state.

She looked back at him but didn't forward to take him.
Maybe she waited for him to take that step.