•17

09th Apr, 2021

Writer.

"TANV....EER.. aahh...Allah..."

She was aghast of the nightmare that just ended making her wake up all on a sudden. Wiping her tears in hurry, she found herself shivering and sweating although the night is freezing.

"Allah...."
Her heartbeat rose up as she tried to remember what she has just witnessed in the nightmare, but it already escaped away from her mind. That felt so horrific that she found herself getting breathless in sleep.

"Aii... Tanveer.." She closed her eyes breathing deeply, grasping the duvet in her sheet, finally feeling little restful.

She looked around in search of Shahveer beside her, but her left side is empty. this made her more nervous as she found the washroom door slightly open, so he isn't there either.

She turned to her right and found Nahiaan deadly asleep while her newborn angel's eyes are open, roaming around, as if he's bored of this silence.

A lone tear escaped her eye as she gulped down rubbing her chest against her racing heartbeat.
Checking the time, she got down from from the bed and picked up her shawl wrapping it around her arms.

She walked out of the room making her way to Shahveer's study room, expecting him to be there, that he is.
As soon as she pressed the door open, her eyes travelled to the corner of the room, in the floor.

Her ears rang hearing him wailing in silence. She entered and closed the door making sure to not disturb him.
Slowly taking steps towards him, she sat down on her knees beside, watching him blankly as he just now noticed her.

He heavily breathed out and wiped his tears, turning his face away to not let her see him like this.
Her chest hitched with sobs as she made her hand up to his head, lovingly ruffling his hair.

"Ve..veer.."
She mumbled under her breathe when he shifted closer to her and took her hands in his lap.
His head bowed down to lean over her chest as she held his arms and patted his back to calm him down.

"I wasn't sleepy..."
He said in a broken harsh voice to which she nodded and kissed his head.
"Zia........."
He mumbled in the exact way  Tanveer used to take her name that she always felt sensual and emotional.
"Hmm?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"
He shook his head looking up with a smile, widening his moist eyes as a teardrop escaped down in her hand.

"I madly searched for you while you were always near me."
He chuckled removing her hair stands from his eyes that sat on his face due to the racing wind.

"Do you mind trying to sleep now?"

She wiped his face with her shawl and raised her eyebrows at him to which he immediately shook his head and again rested his head in her chest.

"I'm not sleepy."

"Come on, get up."

"No, you go."

"What will you do here?"

"Will find for peace."
He moved and sat back in the prayer mat.