•3

11th July, 2020

Writer.

Reaching hospital, Isaa left her with a new intern in his chamber telling to wait for sometimes till he sees a patient.

The intern was gawking at Mayrah with all her concentration, top to bottom, as if she was checking out her like a typical mother who had come to choose a bride for her son.

Her gaze was so intense like it would tear off Mayrah's Niqab to see how she looks.

Mayrah rarely met her eyes in awkwardness, desperately waiting for Isaa's return, unfortunately she hadn't brought her cell either.

"Where is he? He isn't coming yet."
She looked at the door, huffing at the lack of patience, annoyed frown forming in her forehead.

"He must be coming, Ma'am, may I ask who you are to Dr.Isaa?"

"I'm his cousin...err his wife too."
The girl awed.

"Mm...you can remove the face veil."

"Ohh yeah..."
Mayrah untied her Niqab, the intern felt as if she was going to meet a mystery.

Just as her face unveiled, she gasped at the feature Mayrah held. No doubt, she was ravishing and prepossessing.

But yet, something was certainly missing in her magnificent beauty.

It seemed as if she was tortured for years, her beauty is crystal to the eyes yet merred by the sick skin.

She was drowning in her deep thoughts, curious to know what was wrong in her.

"I've ColenDI4 from the past 2 years."

"WHAT?"
The intern stood up at her words, her hand instantly covered her mouth as she gasped staring at Mayrah, stunned.

Mayrah frowned at her reaction. She had hardly met someone other than any consultant to know of this disease.

"I..I'm so sorry! Just yesterday Dr.Isaa made me study this particular subject and the whole night passed yet I'm not done with it's concept."
The intern spoke, sitting back in her place.

Mayra nodded with a smile, nothing to reply back.

"Ma'am you're incredibly beautiful. I pray you make it out, Aameen."

"Thank you, Aameen."

"Mayrah!"

Her husband's throaty voice snapped her head to the doorway, she sang out a giggle of joy standing up, only to freeze when she caught him dressed in a scrub suit.

Behind him, stood another lady surgeon, 2 assistants and an intern, complete in their attires including their masks on already.

This feared Mayrah. Their preparation was as if they were about to really skin her off like Isaa joked earlier.

"Meet my patient, arrested to the disease only 5 known including her from the entire population suffer from."