•4

3rd Jul, 2021

Writer.

The dark sky was lit up by lightning of the storm as whispers of the wind and raindrops music sang along with the thunder's grumbles and growls.

"Aaahhh why are you screaming so much?"
Yazan huffed yelling at the sky as he shivered in fear.

Gathering all the manly courage and power, which doubtlessly doesn't work in front of heavy storm, he has decided to sit outside to let the rain shower him with terror as he's already getting breathless.

"AAAAA! Allah shut this sky up! Ufff!"
He again shouted closing his eyes off when the sky flashed with light.

"Why does she love storms? I don't scare anyone like the sky does, I'm so friendly, she should love me."
He complained.

He has never dared to step out of home whenever it rained. But now believing that she might also come to enjoy the drama of the sky, he forcefully brought himself here.

"Thank you Allah!
I know that you're fulfilling all my wishes,
but please let my feelings at least not be so cliche.
I mean why does a second seem to be like a hundred years without her?"

Just like the sky is full on mood to play with the earth, his heart has also caused a storm as it's throbbing with thunder's noise and speed.

"Why isn't she coming yet? She was here yesterday...."
He whispered glancing at the window of his room.
His smile was dying as he checked the time in his wrist watch. It's already 1:56 am, she surely isn't coming now.

"ALLAH SAVE ME!"
Yazan tightly shut his eyes off when the sky cracked once again forming light around.

He still, shamelessly stood there, the sky still, mercilessly is drenching him with heavy drops of rain.

"Doctor Yazan!"
Sayba uttered in awe and shock.

"S A Y B.....AA..."
He shouted half of her name in surprise as he turned to her direction and then whispered 'AA' with a shy smile dancing in his lips.

"How..what...mm...come here."

He shook his head and fell down on his knees, his eyes trying to catch her clear view but raindrops made it difficult for him to even keep his eyes unclosed.

"Aren't you afraid of ...."

"Yeah I am! But I was waiting for you."
He yelled to be louder than the voice of rain to her.

"Why...for me.."

"I want to confess something to you!"

His voice climbed up with excitement. Not a drop of fear existed in him anymore even though the sky yelled once again.

"Ohh...then come here, look you'll get sick, it's raining heavily."

"I'm already sick......in your love."
He whispered the last part.

"Ya Allah then please come inside."