•18

24th Jan, 2022

Writer.

3 O'clock at night.

As noiselessly as possible, Yazan gripped the doorknob and swung the door open, slowly set his foot in their deemed bedroom and locked the door behind, sighing in exhaustion.

He was abrubtly welcomed with low whimpers and muffled sobs, that concluded his excitement of surprising his wife with an early return.

In a jolt, Yazan rushed to the bed and hovered over her, began whispering sweet nothings as his lips came in contact with her sweaty neck.

She kept snivelling more, tightly clutching his shirt to seek for calmness though not in full sense to know he's in here.

"Sayba...hey...hushh..."
Yazan caressed her back and abdomen with both his hands, assuming her cramps being the reason to this breakdown.

"She..disgus..gusts mmm..ee"
Painfully muttering, Sayba balled her trembling figure, her words tensing him up.

"Love..who? Wake up come on."
He lifted her face to kiss her tearful face.

Then swiftly shifted her on top of him and pulled the comforter over themselves, enfolding her body firmly that soon helped her to lessen shuddering.

"Is it painin...no no...Sayba what's wrong? Tell me?"
It then hit him that it's not how she reacts to the last day of her period.

"Mumma...don't..lea..leave me."

While she talked a lot of more broken sentences in her half consciousness, Yazan slipped his hand inside her clothe and massaged her chest, feeling it's beating organ a mess in sufferance.

Though she was unaware of his presence and her own cries, when she finally met with peace and let herself off the pain, her sensed regained.

She tradily unclosed her eyes and headed up, her nostrils filling in with his cologne.

"Zan.."
She grabbed his nape immediately digging in there, he remained silent, stroking her hair in affection while she soothed her wounds in his embrace.

But in no way she could get rid of the spiteful words of her MIL while the only reason for her to enter the war field was to impress her, in return, it earned her disrespect and humiliation.

"Done, my crybaby?"
Yazan teased, humming in her ear.

Sayba immediately backed off minding the endearment.
She turned the lamplight on and sat up.

"Do you really feel I fool you through crying?"
Frowning in disappointment at herself, she inquired, causing Yazan chuckle at the sudden outburst.

"No way, you weaken me through that, love..."
Yazan pulled her hand, frowning back.

"Zan I missed you...I miss Mumma..a lot."
She settled back in his lap, straddling him.

"Who disgusts you Sayba? Did Mom scold you again?"

"None, not that. Thanks for coming back."