•19

22nd May, 2021

Writer.

Settling Nashwan in his crib, she made her way to the couch as her eyes fell on her husband who's busy gulping the words of the book he's holding, beside him sat her son who's also lost in the screen of a phone, as if that's all his life is about!

Creating space, she sat in Shahveer's lap as he made her comfortable in there but didn't give her a single glance or say something to her. She quietly rested her head in his shoulder and closed her eyes praying her leg pain to die soon.

But it went worse, as if the bones of her legs are getting crushed. Tears continuously rained down her eyes unable to bear this pain as she gritted her teeth in annoyance and hugged him tighter.

His attention was caught when he felt his t-shirt wet as he tried to have a view of her face but she disallowed.

"Are you sleepy?"

"Ummm..."
She shook her head and wiped her tears in the crook of his neck.
"Zia are you crying?"

He made her face him as tension formed in his eyes seeing her ones bloodred continuously shooting tears down them.

"What happened Zia?"

"Nothing my legs are paining a little....maybe little more....mmmm a lot."

She tried to again rest on his shoulder but he immediately moved his head as she glared at him.
First he wiped her tears and then stood up settling her legs securely around his waist as she held him tightly.

He made her lay down on the bed and opened the drawer of the nightstand bringing out a bottle of oil.
Sitting near her legs, he pulled her nightly up till her knees and started applying that balm in her legs.

"Mmm I need to put Nahiaan to sleep."

"I'll do that. Close your eyes, off to sleep."
He leaned down and placed a kiss under her feet.

"Thank you."

"Mummum Dadda!"
Nahiaan came running towards them as he's done with whatever he was doing in the phone.
With a lot of efforts, he got up in the bed with his tiny short legs.

"Come here."
Thanzia extended her hand to him but he shook his head and looked at her legs, thinking why his father is doing that to her.

"Mummum waat appened?"

(What happened)

"Mumma's legs hurt."

"Will they stop huting if you do that Dadda?"

(Hurting)

When Shahveer nodded his head, Nahiaan gave a nervous look to Thanzia and then looked back at Shahveer, at last he moved his gaze to her free leg as Shahveer is massaging the other.

"Both legs hut?"

"Yes baby!"

"Dadda can I do that with you too?"