•14

27th Nov, 2021

Writer.

How'd you feel if something that you forever prayed to not hit your life actually does?

For him this forever means in Duas after every Fard prayer. The request that he made for years over years came out unaccepted.

Having his rights as a husband once shared to someone else while he duly kept her rights reserved.
How's it fair?

The clip and photographs he saw are as if printed to his mind, they show up everytime he closes his eyes and thinks of forgetting them.

Yazan gazed at the sky with blurry vision, tearful eyes and runny nose. The full moon's radiance didn't let loneliness torment him, he felt themselves engaged in a conversation, where the moon glistens and he sheds tears.

"I hurt her right.....but does she know it hurts me more?"
He asked whining, feeling pity for himself.

"Is that not why she's guilty?"
Iffaz questioned back grabbing Yazan's head to his lap, affectionately ruffling his silky locks.

He yet gaped at the moon from the corner of his eyes, searching for solace in the most beautiful creature still found not even the moon soothing this ache.

"It doesn't worth it zaani, just give up in front of her and let her console you, stop avoiding her!"

In the morning Yazan dropped her at her Chachu's home and the whole day passed without any conversation between them. Just with a message of
"stay there tonight, I've night shift."
he turned his cell off to keep going on avoiding her.

"Go to her...please!"

"It reminds me of..of her being with that GUY!"
He debated, wiping his tears in Iffaz's shirt like a child.

"Then ask her for the cure! Please..Yazan look at me, it doesn't work that way. It's gone, it's wiped away, don't punish her and yourself for something that no longer exists in your lives."

Yazan swiftly nodded at his words, hinting that he agrees and understands this well before he got alerted that it's not so easy, he needs to fight himself before he fights the mess between them.

"She came into my life and....just from then I stopped praying for..."

Yazan paused, smiling at his thoughts, heavy breathe escaping his mouth, unshed tears caged in his eyes.

How'd you feel if something that you constantly repented for actually waited a punishment?

For her this constant repentance means asking forgiveness every single time she remembers the sin.

She feared her husband learning this part of her past and that's what happened. Something that no longer exists and is bygone has messed up her perfect marriage life.

She felt completely abandoned by him, imprisoned in the silence and wild coolness of night, loneliness once again haunting her fragile self.

Sayba lifelessly laid on the floor, her gaze stilled on her cell phone she held in her hand, waiting for his call as if awaiting some air to breathe in.