•7

14th Aug, 2021

Writer.

Yazan took a deep breathe and exhaled it out before knocking at the door.

"I'm coming after few minutes."
A manly voice spoke, disallowing him to enter the room.

"It's...Yazan."

"Ohh, come in."

He sighed and clicked the door open.

Till now what he thought was that he alone is the only protector, guardian and Mahram of his beloved wife, Sayba, even though it's been just 2 days of that.

Then comes her father's brother!

Now the boy is more scared of her uncle than the lightening bolts and storms.

"Assalamu Alaikum."

Yazan greeted, his gaze fell on the couch placed in the right side of the room as Sayba and her uncle sat on it.

Her head resting in her uncle's shoulder, she's asleep holding a serene smile in her lips.

Even though she has slept enough peacefully in her husband's embrace, her uncle's arms feel thousand drops more tranquil.

"Walaikumussalam Yazan! Come on."

Yazan walked to them and kneeled down beside the couch, in front them.

"Sit up in here."
He shook his head to the offer.

"She's smiling."
Yazan mumbled, admiring her smile's ethereality.

"You didn't make her smile like this? That means she's not happy with you?"

To his heated voice, Yazan's smile ceased as he abruptly shook his head at him.

"No Sir I didn't mea..."

"SIR!"

"Ohh...mmm Chachu...."
He swallowed a lump in his throat helplessly staring at him, very nervous and worried for what only he knows.

"Yazan you're not giving any viva exam here! Calm down."

Iffaz's father has confirmed their Nikah to everyone and the happiest person to learn this beautiful truth is Sayba's uncle.

For Yazan is Iffaz's best friend and he doubtlessly knows that both his daughters are blessed with two of the best young boys!

And even though Yazan's mom is still not happy, she has decided to not create any mess for the sake of her son, thus she has accompanied Yazan to come to meet Sayba's newly discovered family.

"Did Sayba hide that she was alive or....you never tried to know where she was?"

Yazan questioned as he looked at him with demanding eyes.
Seeing her uncle helplessly smiling at him, he found his answer.

"Why'd she do that...."
He mumbled looking at her, his heart wrenched imagining those 2 years that she has suffered because of her foolishness and arrogance.