•16

03rd Apr, 2021

Writer.

She tightly shut her eyes off to not let the teardrop slip as she shook her head in denial pushing the plate away to not eat, even being very hungry.

"Aiimm no...not hungry."
Saying in an whisper she wiped her eyes and turned to the right finding Mahia putting Nahiaan to sleep.

Tanveer's Chachi helplessly looked at her as she caressed her hair with pity.
"Please....you'll fall weak like this."

"Not...hungry..."

"Let it be Chachi, she has already vomited twice." Mahia said shifting towards them.

"She's hungry Mahi, just....that.. Zia.....please, just few morsels."
Her Chachi pleaded but she again shook her head like a baby.

"Don't punish the baby Zia."
She looked up at her and pouted bringing her lower lip up as tears fell down her eyes.

"Okay I'm keeping it here. Do eat later. I...I.. should go to Shahveer."
She stood up and left the room.

"Zia...."

"I won't eat...won't.."
She laid down resting her head in Mahia's lap snuggling there like a kid, finding for any way to give warmth to the bitter coldness of her heart.

"Nahiaan slept. You too sleep for a while."

"Aaaniiii."
Zahra opened the door and came running towards them before closing it back.

She jumped up on the bed as Thanzia watched her from the corner of her eyes.

"Veer Chachu..... gave it to you."
She extended her hand to Thanzia.
Unwillingly she sat up and wiped her face looking down at the paper in Zahra's hand.

"Ve..veer.."
She took it with her shivering hand, wondering what it could be.

"Zahra come on...Zia sleep sooner."
Mahia kissed her forehead and got down from the bed with Zahra.

Unfolding the paper, she realized it to be a letter which made her more curious asking why Shahveer would send this to her.

She got down from the bed wanting to lock the door but due to dizziness, fell on the floor making her ankle hurt.

"Uhh...."
Standing up, she ran to the door and locked it.

Even when she doesn't want to cry, still tears don't leave her way being so merciless to her pain.
She couldn't understand the words due to her teary eyes, which made her more annoyed, she wiped her face but again tears appeared there.

"JUST STOP CRYING."
She screamed out loud in frustration pulling her hair, ignoring the pain that it caused.

"Ummhmm Maaa Dadda."
Nahiaan's sleep immediately broke as he got scared and sat up with teary eyes looking around, finding for the source which frightened him.

Regretting to yell having him awaken for her, she ran to the bed and took him in her lap.

"Sorry baby...I'm sorry."
Patting his back to put him back to sleep, she laid down on the bed and held him the closest to her.