Backstory

(Y/N) Backstory.

*Six years old (Y/N) Pov.*

I got home from school, just to notice my mother wasn't home. That or she was just too quiet, strange. She would always wait for me at the front door. I always lived with her and my father, but he had died. My father passed away when I was a little kid; before he died, he told me the truth about him.

He was a dragon. The God of Dragons. When I was born, I inherited powers worthy of a dragon lord, making me the heir to the throne of the dragonkind. Those of us who look like humans, are called Dragonborns. My father could switch between human form and dragon form, like the rest of the Dragonborns.

Even if he had a family, he still had to fight for his own kind, due to his title. He said that when I grew older, I should go to Ieghut, an old friend of his and a Dragonborn, too. He would train me and show me how to control my powers.

My father had been wounded in a war, and he was getting weak. He didn't know if he was going to live for much longer, so he bestowed me the truth, so I knew about this from an early age. He passed away at home, peacefully.

I found the main entrance locked, but the window wasn't. When I got inside home through it, I saw a pool of blood coming out of the living room. I slightly and quietly got closer to look. When I got to the door, I saw something traumatizing.

My mother was on the floor, unconscious and pale, with a pool of blood under her. Next to her was standing a man. He had long black hair, pale skin, red eyes and pointy ears, he was wearing a long black tunic with a golden armor which only covered his shoulders. He turned around at me, smiled sadistically and began to laugh.

Mysterious man: "Hahahaha! So you are Bahamut's child?! You have to be kidding me!" He said while he laughed. "Remember me, Kokabiel, the fallen angel! I am the one who killed your foolish mother!" He shouted.

Ten black crow-like wings sprouted on his back. He then went flying through the window, disappearing. I was left shocked, without the ability to express any word. I shook my head.

I ran next to my mother's body. I started calling her. I kept calling for her for ten minutes straight. Her white sweater was now red, and she wouldn't move... or breathe.

I started to cry, as I knew she had died. I didn't know what to do, I was alone now. It was then that I remembered my father's words. "You will find your way to Ieghut. This necklace will guide you to him". I then ran towards my parents' bedroom. I ran to one of the night tables, the one that belonged to my father, and pulled out the first drawer.

There it was. A long black thin chain, with a dragon shaped ring at the end of it. As soon as I put it on, a black light began to shine inside of it. Suddenly, I heard a voice in my head. It was my father.

Father: "Hello little (Y/N). I know you must have many questions but they will be answered soon. The man who killed your mother was Kokabiel, a fallen angel. In this world also exist devils and angels. All those creatures from the Bible are real. As you know, dragons are too, like us. Inside you, resides a huge power you must learn to control. Ieghut will help you with this task. I will live in this necklace, so don't lose it, because many bad people would like to have my power. I hope we can talk again, one day. Until then, take care, my son." He said with an echoed voice.

Before I could speak or think about talking to him, the voice disappeared. I started to speak, but all I heard were snores. I eventually ignored them, as they were very annoying. I then remembered I was still home. I was about to cry again. But then, fathers' words echoed all around my head.

I had to find Ieghut.

*One year timeskip.*

It had already been one year since that day. I still missed my mother, but I was slowly getting better. It appeared that Ieghut was living in a city named Kuoh, which was just ten kilometers away from my hometown. I got there quickly. Running with my boosted speed was something new, but easy to control. I found Ieghut's apartment thanks to my father's ring. It was not as big as my old home but it was still comfortable.