Chapter 42.

Chapter 42.

*Third person's POV.*

The flying monster shot a fireball at where the group was. (Y/N) used his fire breath to counter the attack. The beast maintained itself in the air, staring daggers at (Y/N). It growled and descended on an elevated rock in front of him. (Y/N) looked behind him, his friends hadn't moved an inch.

(Y/N): "Didn't you hear?!" His eyes changed from blue to purple. "Run."

This time, everyone rushed to where the Khaos Brigade boys were. Xenovia carried Asia on her back, and Kiba was helping Issei. (Y/N) saw them flying up to the hill, as he looked back at the beast. The army they heard before appeared behind it. All of them with their armor and weapons. The skeletal horses covered in armor snorted. The army of demons moved aside, leaving a space in the middle of two pelotons.

Slowly but confidently, Baran walked to the front. He was huge, muscular, and had gray skin. His glowing-white eyes matched the glowing flame-like hair. He had a long tail and four horns on his head, two of which were very long and curved. He wore an elaborate gray helmet and pale yellow armor on his shoulders and over his groin area.

(Y/N): "Baran, King of Demons." He said.

Baran took off his helmet, and his white eyes became a glowing red. He threw the helmet aside and jumped down the rocky hill. He walked toward (Y/N) until they were face to face. (Y/N) was tall, but Baran almost doubled him in size. (Y/N) looked up to his eyes, his own purple ones glowing powerfully.

Baran smiled sadistically and raised his right arm, the one in which he held his huge sword. The Monarch of White Flames roared loudly, and his army did so, too. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow, as a black shadow stood up from his own shadow.

Igris stood as tall as Baran, and his defiant eyes showed no fear of the Demon Lord. Baran growled and roared again. His army shouted and started running down to the battlefield. (Y/N)'s eyes widened in surprise as Baran punched his face with his left hand.

(Y/N) flew backward and crashed with the rocky wall behind him. He stood up instantly, undamaged. The first thing he saw was Baran rushing at him. (Y/N) clicked his tongue and took his fist back. Once Baran was in front of him, (Y/N) punched him hard enough to send him flying with his army.

Igris jumped back and got next to (Y/N). The black knight looked down at his liege.

Igris: "My Liege, should I call the other soldiers?" He asked.

(Y/N): "You can talk now?"

Igris: "Since the Monarch of Shadows, Ashborn, gave you your full powers, all of us shadows have ranked up. In my case, I became a Grand Marshall. That is why, we, the most powerful soldiers can talk." He informed, preparing his sword.

(Y/N): "So that is why the soldiers' information is more understandable now. They know the basics of speech." Igris nodded. "Then, let me do it."

Igris stood in front of (Y/N), slashing demons here and there. Igris lifted his sword up, and with a powerful swing, he killed twenty of Baran's soldiers. Baran and Igris exchanged looks for a second, and the Grand Marshall Shadow cockily smirked under his helmet.

(Y/N): "Come forth, my shadows." He extended his right arm.

(Y/N)'s shadow increased in size massively. His whole army walked out of it, from the weakest soldier to Beru. The Grand Marshall ant-like shadow screeched. He used his Size Manipulation ability to increase his size. He jumped forward, flying over the heads of the other shadows. He landed on top of two demons and started crushing heads.

Beru: "For the liege!"

The shadow army roared, as they charged forward. Iron raised his axe, which had a new smoky quality and was bigger. He smiled widely as one swing of his axe divided demons in half. Up in the rocky platform, (Y/N)'s friends watched in horror and amazement. Issei sat up with difficulties.