Chapter 46.

Chapter 46.

*Third person POV.*

(Y/N) was informed about the attack later than he'd have liked. Apparently, right after Issei's three-legged race, a member of the Khaos Brigade attacked the ORC members. First, (Y/N) complained to his friends because they didn't inform him immediately. Then, he thought of punishing his shadows, for not telling him.

He had to give the reason to his friends. It was just one guy, and he wasn't that strong. Moreover, they had to act quickly and didn't get the chance to tell (Y/N). His shadows also had a valid point. The visit of the Monarchs had altered them and thought that a minor enemy like that wouldn't cause trouble.

(Y/N) understood, but asked them to inform them about any enemy. The shadows told (Y/N) that it had been the last time he wasn't informed about any possible enemy. Besides, Kiba told (Y/N) that the guy was a shadow user. He could summon beings out of the shadows and control the shadows. (Y/N) grew angrier when he was informed about that.

(Y/N): "A shadow user?!" He yelled.

Issei: "Yep."

(Y/N): "Idiots! I would have ended the guy in seconds. His shadows would have obeyed me!" He shouted. "For your own well-being, I hope you tell me when you fight again."

Issei: "Yes, sir." He saluted.

(Y/N): "Anyways..."

Issei and Asia were on a secret rooftop of the hotel. It was meant to be a relaxing area, but the ORC members used it as a training field. (Y/N) had joined them minutes after they arrived. His night patrol had ended two hours ago, but the God of Dragons was as fresh as someone could be.

Issei: "Sorry guys! I'm having you help me with my training at a time like this." He apologized, wiping sweat off his face with a towel.

Asia: "It's fine. Spending the morning in Kyoto with Issei is fun." She smiled.

(Y/N): "Yeah. Besides, the sunrise is beautiful. I don't have any issues." He smiled, too.

Asia and Issei were down on the field, while (Y/N) was sitting on the roof, allowing him to see most of the city and the sunrise between the mountains. The sights of nature made him more relaxed. Alongside the view, he had bought a canned iced coffee from a vending machine in the hotel's lobby, so the morning was perfect for him. Suddenly, he heard steps getting closer and closer, so he leaned forward to see who was there. He already had an idea, but he did so just to confirm. 

Kiba: "Only daily training can shorten the power gap between two people." He said, walking up the stairs. "Don't you think having more people will help?"

Xenovia: "Come on, let's try our best!" She said, appearing behind Kiba.

Issei: "Hold on, Xenovia. Today, too?" He asked, chuckling.

Xenovia: "Yeah, of course. I plan to take it along sightseeing, too." She said, referring to her newly bought wooden sword. "This isn't just a souvenir!" She swung it down quickly.

(Y/N): "What a way to say good morning, you guys." He said, jumping down and landing in front of the ORC's members.

Kiba: "And that's some entrance." He chuckled and turned to Xenovia. "Hey, Xenovia, you should use this in case something happens."

He used his abilities to create a small portal on his left hand. Kiba placed his hand on the magic circle and pulled a rather big dagger out of it. It wasn't the kind of weapon Xenovia tended to use, but it would match her speed and abilities as a Knight.

Xenovia: "Thank you. I'll be able to conceal this while walking around." She grabbed it and took it out of its sheath. "I'll always be prepared for an enemy attack."