Chapter 38.

Chapter 38.

*Third person's POV.*

The doors of the Golden Castle busted wide open. The main hall was empty, well, almost. It was shiny white inside. At the end, a staircase leaded to a second, third, fourth and fifth floor. (Y/N) walked towards the stairs and rushed them up, until he reached the first floor. It was the only one with the lights on. When he looked up while walking up the stairs, he saw a pitch-black eternity, meaning nobody was up there. Or at least, the lights weren't on.

Anyways, waiting for him at the first floor was Gephin, sitting down on a gold royal throne, as big as a truck. Gephin had the aspect of a child, but in reality, he was 7"4'. In other words, he was huge. He wore a well-embellished tunic with gold-work. On top of it, there was a coat, which depicted the emblem of a star. He had short white hair, and a crown made of stars. His pupils had the shape of stars, and glowed each time he blinked.

Gephin: "I see you came on top!" He yelled, and started laughing. "Just as I predicted."

The future (Y/N) walked close to Gephin, and threw his past self's body towards the god. The body rolled on the floor and stopped in front of Gephin, lifeless. The god looked down and laughed even more. He had golden eyes, with stars instead of pupils.

Future (Y/N): "Yes, of course. That weak illusion could not even touch me." He kneeled. "Now, give me my reward."

Gephin: "Reward? Oh, yes... Your reward..." He smiled, as if he was about to laugh. "About that... I lied!"

Future (Y/N): "What?" He looked up.

Gephin: "This isn't an illusion... This is your real past self!" He laughed.

Future (Y/N): "What do you mean? That is impossible."

Gephin: "Look!" He kicked (Y/N), who didn't move. "All real."

Future (Y/N): "No. No. No!" He punched the floor. "You promised me! You promised that if I killed him I'd get to see everyone again!"

Gephin: "I lied, of course." He laughed.

Future (Y/N): "I am going to kill you." He looked at him, as his eyes glowed.

Gephin: "How? This is my territory, my powers have increased here." He grinned. "Moreover, you alone won't be able to touch me."

Future (Y/N): "Try me."

He tried to stand up and run at him, but two chains made of light came out of nowhere and wrapped around his legs. He looked down, and grunted. He grabbed them, and tried to break them, but they wouldn't even crack. The future (Y/N) looked back at Gephin.

Gephin: "Told you. You cannot touch me here." He smiled.

Future (Y/N): "As soon as I get out of here, I am going to rip your head apart." He threatened.

Gephin: "Oh, but that won't happen."

Future (Y/N): "Huh?"

Gephin: "You killed your past self, so in a short time you will perish, too." He grinned evilly. "Didn't think about that, didn't you?"

Future (Y/N): "What?" He asked.

Gephin: "That's right, you will die soon." He laughed. "It was not a pleasure, God of Dragons. This world doesn't need you anymore. I'll personally tell you girlfriend about the news. She seems like a beautiful woman, and as soon as I charm her and offer her comfort, she will surely agree to spend some time with me."

Future (Y/N): "She will never say yes to you." He said.

Gephin: "She will... Once I rewrite the stars, and make sure all of your friends remember me as one of them."