Chapter 32.

Chapter 32.

*(Y/N)'s POV.*

The darkness was there again, but this time it was different. It wasn't the same weird thing from earlier. This placed was filled with immense power, a power I recognized quickly.

(Y/N): "So now I get to see who you really are?" I turned around. "Ashborn."

The Monarch of Shadows stood still, silent. His simple figure gave the sensation of a powerful creature. It wasn't someone to fool around, similar to Loki. But Ashborn was much more dangerous. I sighed and relaxed, knowing he was by my side. I figured that he decided to remain quiet the last times, due to Gojo's presence. But now we were alone, and he couldn't keep hiding the truth.

(Y/N): "The events I saw in my dreams... was that your making?" I asked.

Ashborn: "No. I did not create that world. You're responsible for its creation." He stated.

(Y/N): "I created it?" I wondered, confused.

Ashborn: "It's a world created by combining your desire to correct your mistakes up until now, together with my power." He walked past me, but now he had Dym's appearance. He even mimicked his voice. "In other words, this is my territory."

(Y/N): "Are you implying that it was my own wish to go against my friends?" I questioned, turning to Ashborn, who now looked like Vis.

Ashborn: "No. That was the outcome of a future where you didn't lose your battles, where your family doesn't get injured, where you are forced to become the God of Dragons." He started. "In that world, you don't have friends anymore, you're alone. You only have me, Gojo Satoru and your army."

(Y/N): "Then... what is this?" I asked.

Ashborn: "This is the eternal rest... Death." He stated, turning towards me, looking like my dead mother. "Death." His words were now cold and indifferent. Different to the ones I've heard before.

(Y/N): "Huh? I died?" I queried.

Ashborn: "No, but you were about to. The moment your life started fading away, this new world appeared. Our territory. A timeline where you never made a mistake. A timeline where you never let anyone you care about get damaged. But, if that happened, your mother would still be alive. Then, you would have never met Rias Gremory and those devils properly. Neither would you have trained with Ieghut and your so called siblings. That was you, but also a different you." He informed.

(Y/N): "So my mistakes led to the real world?" I inquired.

Ashborn: "It kind of did, it kind of didn't. Even before you met me for the first time, I have been watching you. For far longer than you could possibly imagine." He turned into Uncle Ieg.

Ashborn: "You, who had always been closer than anyone to death, yet so desperately resisting against it." I thought of all those times, ever since I stepped on the Dragon Land for the first time. "I am the record of your struggles, the evidence of your resistance, and the reward of your sufferings. I am death, I am eternal rest, as well as terror."

He turned around slowly, his appearance changed again. Now, his hair was (H/C), he had (E/C) and was 5'8". I looked as he turned into the old me, wearing the Kuoh Academy uniform. It was me, yet I was now a different person.

Ashborn: "I am you." He emphasized in "you". "And within my territory, you are able to do anything you want."

He extended his right arm and pointed it to the floor. In a matter of seconds, a tree was standing next to the old me. His appearance changed into something similar to the actual me. A flower appeared on his right palm.