Chapter 43.

Chapter 43.

*(Y/N)'s POV.*

I was currently on my bed, sitting on the edge. A small purple flame illuminated the room lightly, making it look gloomy. Behind me, Akeno was sleeping, covered by the bed sheets. Far in the darkness of the room, a pair of purple eyes glowed. They were bigger than usual eyes, worth of a god.

Ashborn: "Congratulations, (Y/N)." He said. "Baran was not an easy opponent."

(Y/N): "Yeah, but that armor... I don't know how I did that, but it was of huge use." I looked down at my chest.

Ashborn: "That, (Y/N), it was you using Sung Jin Woo's powers. My vessel in that other dimension... It seems like both of you have been sharing some powers using me as a linker."

(Y/N): "That man must be really powerful then." I whistled.

Ashborn: "Indeed. You two would make a fair pair in combat." He seemed to chuckle.

(Y/N): "In any case, I should thank him. Or you. I don't really know." I shook my head.

Ashborn: "I'll send him your regards." The eyes blinked.

(Y/N): "What do you think will come next? Monarchs, I mean." I looked up.

Ashborn didn't answer. The eyes turned to the ceiling, and back at me. They shrunk, as Ashborn's figure walked out of the shadows, or something like it. His back was a trail of shadows, and each movement seemed to be made by smoke. A projection.

Ashborn: "I had my conflicts with the Beast Monarch, and the Ice Monarch, too." He stopped in front of me.

(Y/N): "You had conflicts with all of them." I stared blankly at him.

Ashborn: "Well, you are right. But with those two, and Baran of course, it was different. They had a deep hatred within themselves. They couldn't accept me as a Monarch." He looked down. "So they lead war to me, and saw themselves defeated. Hence the growth of their anger."

(Y/N): "Something like my story with the Council..." I murmured.

Ashborn: "You could say so..." He walked around the room. "Anyway, to answer your question. The resting Monarchs are probably planning a reunion, to plan their next move. Be careful, do not even try an ambush."

(Y/N): "I wasn't planning to do so. I don't want to die yet." I remembered my future self.

Ashborn: "You live a nice life, (Y/N). One that many envy. You have wealth, fame, love, and friends. Even power, if you wish to consider it." He looked at Akeno. "She is pretty. Good choice."

(Y/N): "Hehe, didn't even imagine you would ever say something like that." Ashborn shook his head.

Ashborn: "It is a way to prove that you are a lucky man. You have surpassed difficulties. You have faced death. You even overcame it. I sometimes wonder how you do it." He looked out the window.

(Y/N): "Huh?"

Ashborn: "I wonder, what does keep you going? You never seem to even consider giving up." He stated.

(Y/N): "I guess you could say many things... Her, for example." I looked back at Akeno. "My friends, my role as a God, my family, you, Gojo. I frankly don't know."

Ashborn: "I see."

(Y/N): "Maybe it has to do with my pride as a dragon. I never want to be defeated or lose. And if I do so, I will always aim for revenge or victory." I sat there, silent. "Does that man, Jin Woo, ever surrender?"

Ashborn: "No. In fact, you share that, among many other things. I chose both of you not only for your immense potential but for that ambition and inner strength, too." He said.