Chapter 9.

Chapter 9.

*(Y/N) 's pov.*

Now, it was the last day of training. Everyone developed their skills thanks to my training. Now, everyone was gathered outside, as my last spar session with Issei was going on.

He ran at me and intended a punch with his right fist; however, this was a faint. He quickly tried to punch me with his left arm, which had his red gauntlet covering it. He managed to connect his fist with my gut and send me back a few meters.

(Y/N): "Huh... Nice." I said, making him grow a smile on his face. "Keep your head up anyways." I said, rushing at him and roundhouse kicking him.

He was sent flying back, but he managed to land on his feet. We dashed and began throwing punches at each other. Then, I found an open spot and hit him with my knee in the gut. He was sent back and coughed some blood.

Issei: "Great, now I can try my new attack!" He yelled, confusing me.

However, when I quickly turned my gaze to the rest of the peerage, everyone was smirking, except for Koneko, who maintained her emotionless face. I looked back and saw Issei had a red small ball on his gauntlet. He first sighed, but eventually took his arm back and then forth. A huge red beam was shot towards my direction. I jumped out of the way and looked back to where the attack went. The mountains were even more destroyed than what my Dimensional Slash caused, surprising me. I made a hand signal for Issei to stop, as I walked towards him. He stood still, waiting.

(Y/N): "Good job, Issei." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. We turned our heads towards the peerage and I gave them thumbs up. "You are ready."

They all cheered as we went back inside the house, and sat down on the couches. We spent the rest of the evening talking to each other, drinking some tea and discussing some stuff. Eventually, I decided alongside with Rias that I would join the ORC. She phoned Sona to advise her, she first didn't understand why, as she doesn't know who I am. However, Rias said she was planning to 'get me in the peerage' so Sona agreed.

The night soon came, and Akeno and I decided to cook dinner. Meanwhile, everyone was relaxing at the rooms. As we were alone, I decided to play some music to relax. I took out a small speaker of my bag and placed it on a shelf.

(Y/N): "Do you mind?" I asked Akeno, signaling the speaker.

Akeno: "Not at all." She replied with her eyes closed and a smile on her face.

(Y/N): "Okay then." I said, playing some music. I went down through my downloaded songs and eventually played "Why'd You Only Call Me When You Are High", by Arctic Monkeys.

We continued to prepare dinner while the music played. After an hour of cooking and listening to Arctic Monkeys, we finished. A large meal was ready. Some salad, chicken curry, rice, sauteed vegetables and cold soba. We placed everything on the dining table and called everyone for dinner. Slowly, everyone came and sat down. We thanked for the food and ate. Everything was delicious and soon finished. Asia and Issei offered themselves to clean the dishes, and no one opposed.

We all went back to the bedrooms, as everyone needed sleep for tomorrow. However, I went out and jumped up to the ceiling. I sat down and instead of channeling my Cursed Energy, I just stared at the starry night sky. I heard someone's steps coming close and I looked back. Akeno was standing behind me, wearing a rather translucent nightgown.

(Y/N): "Oh, hi Akeno. Can't sleep?" I asked.

Akeno: "Yeah, I am a bit nervous." She said.

(Y/N): "It's normal, your friends' future depends on you." I said chuckling a bit. "But all of you are strong, you will win. I am sure." I said.