Chapter 27.

Chapter 27.

*Third person POV.*

The eight days had passed, and the ORC was gathering again in the Gremory mansion. Everyone slowly arrived and met in the living room, where Azazel was waiting. Issei was one of the last to arrive, and as soon as he saw Rias, he broke into tears.

Issei: "President! It's been so long! I really wanted to see you!" He said, sobbing. "I slept hugging a tree made mattress while I remembered your warmth."

Rias: "Issei, you've gotten strong." She said, hugging him.

Azazel: "It seems you have improved your stamina." He said from his seat. "Though you didn't progress that much with the Balance Breaker."

Issei: "Yeah, I'm sorry." He said, still sobbing.

Azazel: "There's no doubt you need a change." He stated.

Issei: "A change?" He asked.

However, the door opening interrupted. Akeno walked in the room, with her usual expression. She was wearing her school uniform, as everyone else. She joined the group, which was now complete, well, almost.

Akeno: "I'm back." She stated.

Rias: "How's Koneko doing?" She asked.

Akeno: "She is now resting." She informed.

Issei: "Pass out in the middle of training... What happened to Koneko-chan?" He asked.

Azazel: "She added a huge amount of training to the regimen I gave her. She completely overworked herself." He stated, closing his eyes.

Gasper: "Koneko-chan..." He said, worried.

Azazel: "Tonight, representatives of various clans will gather for a reception." He said; standing up, ready to leave. "I have to go there first. I'll have someone come for you, so be prepared." And with that, he left.

Asia: "We're attending such a high-profile event?" She asked, nervous.

Rias: "Not only us. While my brother has us attending as guards for a VIP, its purpose is to deepen the relationships among the young devil leaders."

Kiba: "As devils under the President, we mustn't do anything that would make her look bad." He added.

Everyone then separated and went their own way. Most likely to get ready for later. Issei wandered around the mansion.

Issei: "Young devils, huh?" He said. "I bet even their servants are strong." He remembered Vali. "No! I can't let that get me down! I have to surpass that guy!"

He got distracted, and looked to his left. He saw a door with a small sign with a black paw.

Issei: "Isn't this Koneko-chan's room?" He asked himself.

He got in to check her. However, the room was dark. And it seemed that Koneko was lying on her bed, resting.

Issei: "Koneko-chan?" He asked. "Are you sleeping?"

He got close to the bed, to see if she was okay. Koneko was sleeping peacefully, so Issei decided it would be best for him to give her a quick check and leave. However, before turning around to leave, he saw something unexpected. Koneko had two cat-like ears on the top of her head.

Issei: "Huh?" He looked back, but a voice interrupted him.

Rias: "Come to think of it, I haven't told you." She said from the door.

Issei: "President." He calmly said.

Issei and Rias walked outside, heading to Koneko's balcony. The door was left widely open, and the dark light of the sky of the Underworld lightly illuminated the room. Issei then remembered his friend (Y/N). Where was he? However, Rias interrupted his thoughts.