22: ☆ bloody mess ☆

Start from the beginning

"Is this about Fred?" I raised my voice and looked over at him from the side to see him staring back at him, "are you alluding that something happened with you two!" My heart started beating faster and I could feel tears building in my eyes. Something that I had been fearful of all year was now coming to life and I almost felt sick. Tara was someone I always questioned and I never knew if it was jealousy or intuition, but to know that something could've happened and Fred broke my trust too was heartbreaking.

"I just have to tell you that—" before she could finish her sentence a dazed look went through her eyes and her facial expression completely changed. The crease lines on her forehead smoothed over and she stared back at me, looking unaware of the conversation we were having.

"Tell me right now Tara if something fucking happened between you two or I swear—"

"No nothing happened. I don't need to talk to you anymore, just forget what I said," she smiled eerily back at me and then started walking back towards the twins.

What the fuck just happened?

I stayed where I was standing not really knowing what to do next. Was she just trying to tell me that something happened between them and then backed out last minute? All that I knew was that the tears had disappeared from my eyes and as soon as I blinked they rolled down my face.

"That was weird what would she have to say to you—oh shit Violet what's wrong?" Fred asked when he walked over and saw my crying face.

"Did you cheat on me?" I asked bluntly and stared at him deep in his eyes, "did you cheat on me with that—that skank!"

"What Violet no!" Fred answered immediately, "I would never fucking do that to you is that she said?"

"She told me I needed to make sure I had trust in the people I keep my company with," I said angrily back at him, "and I have a heard time believing that George is somehow conspiring behind my back."

"Violet I swear nothing happened I would never even think about that. You have to believe me!" He tried coming closer and grabbing my hands.

"How would I know!" I ripped my hands from the arms he tried stretching out to me, "I mean you guys are constantly alone in that shop and I mean—"

I could see his face soften and his expression turn into one of hurt, "is that what you really think of me? That I would be capable of something like that?"

"I don't know what to believe," I pulled away again and rubbed the tears threatening to fall again from my eyes, "I just—I want to go back to my dorm."

"Can we please fix this?" He pleaded with me, "I can't stand you leaving knowing that you believe I would do something like this."

I took a couple of deep breaths with my eyes closed and could feel his body approach me. Instead of fighting I let his arms wrap around my body but I was still stiff, unable to fully give in to the hug from the way I was feeling.

"Okay I believe you," I said softly, "but I want to go back to the castle now."

"Can I at least walk you?" He asked with a weak smile and I considered it but then shook my head.

"I think I just want to take a moment for myself," I breathed out, "but I'll write you."

"Okay Violet," he said and I started walking away, "I love you."

"Love you too," I turned and gave him a wave before going back up to the grounds of the school.

I was fine. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was hurt but I was fine.