11: ☆ the keeper ☆

Start from the beginning

Throughout the next three days I attended all of my classes and started feeling the heavy workload come down on me harder than ever. Each morning I would rush to eat so I could touch up any assignments that were due for the day, go to my classes, practice some Quidditch with Ginny before dinner, and practice my powers with Hermione.

Since the dorm was usually filled with either Lavender or Parvarti, we found a secluded spot in the library and figured this was the best spot to do it. It was also a nice escape, since everytime I saw Lavender she would try to ask me questions, specifically leaned towards Ron. It was creeping me out.

I was 100% confident in my Seer abilities now, hardly needing any time to warm up before I felt the familiar click in my head, and my mind slipping into someone else's, to dig through their files and find the decision I was seeking.

It had been four days since I sent the letter to Fred and he still hadn't sent me a response. I was sad because I thought we would've been communicating more often, but I had to remind myself he was probably busy with the store.

One night we were all working in the common room on our potions homework. We had to write down the antidote and brewing properties of a specific potion, but Harry seemed to be too invested in reading his book, again. He had started carrying it around with him everywhere, obsessively reading it.

"Have you ever  of the spell Sectumsempra?" he asked and showed Hermione the writing of the spell.

"No, I haven't!" She said harshly, "and if you had an ounce of self-respect you'd hand that book in."

"Not likely," Ron laughed, "he's top of the class. He's even higher than you, Hermione. Slughorn thinks he's a genius."

"Well I'd like to know who's that book was," Hermione stood with her nose pointed up, "let's have a look, shall we?"

"No," Harry said defensively and backed away from her.

"Why not?"

"The binding is fragile," he shrugged.

"The binding is fragile? You've got to be joking Harry," I giggled at his lame attempt to lie. He opened his mouth to come up with another excuse but Ginny sneaked behind him and tugged the book from his hand.

"Who's the Half-Blood Prince?" She shot her eyebrows up, "that's what it says right here. This book is property of the Half-Blood Prince." Harry said nothing before tugging his book back and sitting on the couch by himself.

I sighed and continued my own homework knowing that bothering him more about the matter wasn't going to get us anywhere. But I went to bed still suspicious over whoever this Half-Blood Prince was.

•••

I stood firmly beside Ron with my clothes being Gryffindor colored top to bottom. I was holding my trusty new broom dad got me last year and stood along the group of people also wanting to tryout. Aiden was amongst the people and when he met my eyes I stuck my tongue out, still angry from his selfishness at our game last year where he let me get hit by a bludger. Ron was shaking in his boots next to me and I could see how nervous he was.

"If you keep shaking like that, you're going to end up shitting yourself," I elbowed Ron and said quietly.

"I can't help it," he cried, "I should have never thought about trying out anyways."

"What why not you're a good player!" I said back at him. Sure, Ron wasn't this Quidditch star but he still could hold his own whenever he played, and flew decently. It was his lack of confidence that caused him to doubt his skills.

"Yeah but look who else is trying out," he pointed with his eyes at the back of someone I didn't recognize.

"Who—" I tried to ask but was interrupted.