7: ☆ hogwarts express ☆

Start from the beginning

"Oh your sister is very kind. She helped me walk back to the dorms when I slept walked one night," her pink glasses were placed back on her eyes and she returned to her reading.

"How was your summer then?" I carried conversation on with Neville. Harry still didn't seem to be in the best mood to talk and no one else was speaking. I found out that Neville had been interning at St. Mungo's for the summer and acquired the position through the help of his grandma. I was surprised to hear since I knew that being a healer wasn't his career of interest.

"Anything from the trolley?" a familiar voice called from outside the corridor and I saw Harry stand up at this.

"Oh Harry can you also grab me a licorice wand so I don't have to get up," I asked him.

"2 pumpkin pasties please," Cho, the girl who Harry had originally asked to the ball last year, stood outside of our compartment. Harry seemed to go still and I had to concentrate to see if his body was even breathing. She gave a shy smile to him, and he sat back down without buying anything.

"Thanks for not getting my candy," I rolled my eyes, "your girl skills are really pathetic," I said in a sympathetic yet teasing voice to him.

I kept small talk going with everyone until I felt sleepy. Everyone seemed to be just as tired as I was because Luna yawned from across me, and Ginny was resting her head in my lap. Since I was in the middle of two people, I had no wall to lean on, so without asking I tilted head on Harry's shoulder. I and messed with my fingernails and picked off the nail polish for the remainder of the ride.

At one point I could've swore I saw a glimpse of red hair go by the compartment, and I perked my head up hoping it was Fred. But no one came in so I just assumed Ron was patrolling the hallways.

Hermione and Ron came back about 20 minutes before the train arrived to Hogwarts and their presence didn't seem to make Harry any happier like I thought it would. Hermione and I shared confused glances but we left it alone. Once the train came to a complete stop, we all stood up and headed to this years carriages that would take us to the castle.

"A loony case if you ask me," a voice said from behind us and I turned to meet the eyes of Draco Malfoy. He had grown a lot taller since last year and he now towered over me as he insulted us.

"What," I hissed.

"See look at him. What did I tell you about Potter, complete nutter," he snarled in our faces and Harry jumped at him agrssively. Ron was quick to hold his arms back and keep him from getting into a fight. Draco just smirked at us and winked my way before walking away.

"He did not just wink at me," I gagged and pretended to dry heave, "sorry I think I just lost my appetite for dinner."

"C'mon were not going to get a ride back to the castle," Hermione said and tugged my arm to walk faster.

"What is that? Pulling the carriage," I said in awe looking at the scaly creature pulling the carriage. It looked like a horse, only a dead one. The fur was no longer on the back of it's body and you could almost see it's bones. The color of each animal was a pitch-black color.

"Nothing's pulling the carriage Violet, it's pulling itself like always," Hermione said looking to Ron unsure.

"No I see it too," Harry said from beside me staring up at the same animal I was looking at.

"Don't worry I can see them too," Luna said in her starry voice, "you're just as sane as I am." The carriage ride to the castle was a quiet one. Harry was still acting weird, and Hermione and Ron were scared to step on his toes by saying anything. So again, it was left to me to spark up some kind of conversation with everyone, who were only responding to be nice.