Chapter 125: Everything Means Nothing If I Can't Have You

Start from the beginning

"Hey I might see you at there. My flight leaves around the same time...What we're you going to say before Mia came over?'

"I was going to say you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm glad we're on the same page."

"Cool", she says turning around to walk away. As we walk separate ways I turn back around to notice her standing there like she's contemplating something, but she continues on.

**********

Rachel's POV

"Is everyone already here?", Natalie questions.

"No we're the first ones. They should be here soon so let's wait to check in."

"Ok..how was the event last night?"

"It was good."

"I got scared that something happen until I got your text."

"I wasn't feeling well."

"Are you better now?"

I look down, "I'm sorry that was a lie."

She stares at me blankly.

"I was feeling fine... I was with my ex last night."

"Oh"

"I didn't plan it, it kind of just happened where we ended up in the same room and...it doesn't matter."

"Rach it's cool. You said no labels...and you're here now so I'm assuming she fumbled her chance."

"Something like that."

"Bad Bitch Rach! You ready to turn up to the queen?"

"Ok ladies now let's get in formation", I say putting a smile on.

Kennedy and Olivia salute in response.

"I got hot sauce in my bag swag", Cara, Jacob's girlfriend says sending us into hysterics.

"I like her, let's keep her around Jake", Olivia says.

Cara's face lights up in excitement.

**********

We sit down at our terminal and wait to board our flight.

I receive a text and from the heart emoji contact I know that it's Jenn.

"I never thought that I could get so emotional reading a Dr. Seuss book. Thank you for your kinds words. Have a safe flight...Say hi to the queen for me."

I read the text and think back to last night when we were so vulnerable with each other. I knew that when she wanted to speak to me earlier today that it wasn't going to go the way I wanted. She was going to say it was a mistake. She's sorry she can't do this. I've heard it before, I just saved my heart from hearing it again.

"Everyone smile for the camera", Jacob instructs.

"Rachel can you scoot out the way? Your face is messing up the picture."

I stick my finger up and he laughs.

"What he means is you're making us look bad with all your beauty."

"Thanks Nat."

"I think I'm going to be sick", Olivia says rolling her eyes

"Love you too Olivia", Natalie smiles.