Escaping King's Landing

Elia nodded. "Very well..."

"Then follow." Jaime turned around and walked out of the nursery. "We will be leaving through the only exit in Maegor's Holdfast. As you know, it is not far from here."

Aerion shook his head awake and placed the previous events into the back of his memory. Jaime led the way, followed by Aerion and his mother. They walked at a rather swift pace but Aerion managed to keep up. Jaime first gathered essential supplies before moving onto the exit. After a short while, he wanted to get confirmation on something. "Has King's Landing fallen, Ser Jaime?"

"I will inform you on that topic once we have the time," Jaime replied.

Deep down, Aerion knew the real answer as he continued to walk towards the exit door. Upon reaching it, Jaime opened the heavily fortified door and held it until they walked past. Then he closed it shut. The exit door from Maegor's Holdfast could only be opened from the inside, leading to Blackwater Bay.

"You know I can't swim," Aerion stated.

Jaime patted his silver hair. "You won't have to as I have prepared a rowing boat for this occasion."

He walked down to the side where a rowing boat had been anchored by a rope. Drawing his sword, Jaime cut off the rope and pulled the boat closer. It was slightly larger than the ordinary rowing boat, with enough space for five people. The two oars for the boat were in the very middle, where Jaime would settle himself. He removed his glistening golden armour and placed it to the front of the boat alongside a load of supplies. Aerion and his mother settled in the back together before Jaime pushed the rowing boat further into the waters and hopped into the middle.

He took a deep breath before proceeding to row onwards. He had already made his decision... the consequences no longer mattered to him.

"Where will you be rowing?"

"Around King's Landing and back onto land. After that, we will decide how to proceed."

"The safest destination would be Sunspear..." Aerion muttered.

"Yes, it would be for you and Lady Elia." Jaime agreed.

Dragonstone would be ideal but it was too far away... the journey would, in fact, be impossible with their rowing boat. His uncle, Viserys, and grandmother were sent there in case King's Landing did fall. There was a decent number of men stationed there along with some proper ships. In truth, King's Landing would have lasted much longer if not for Aerys opening the gates and may have been even safer than Dragonstone. If Aerys hadn't opened the gates to Tywin, that is. This escape would have been much more seamless as well... but alas, Aerys was fooled.

Subconsciously, Aerion willed the rowing boat to go faster... and it did.

After a couple of minutes staring into the dark waters, Aerion drifted off into a long sleep from his fatigue.

...

Instead of a wonderful dream, he was met with a nightmare where the Mountain continued to walk towards him. Every time he burned him, the Mountain would turn to ash and regenerate seconds later. It was an endless cycle which ended after what seemed to be an eternity.

The nightmare turned to ash and he stood in an empty world that was purely white. Aerion sighed, believing that this was another weird dream.

Then a thunderous voice boomed across the world.

"At last, your chains have been broken! Embrace it and soar higher, little dragon, or fall to those who wish you dead. It is your decision in the end..."

"Who are you?" Aerion inquired, looking around and seeing nothing but the blinding surroundings. After hearing nothing for a solid couple of seconds, Aerion shook his head. "What a strange dream..."