056- "Live or Die: Risk it All to Win it All!"

꧁꧂

Continuing to practise the Summoning Technique, Y/n manage to finally summon a rabbit which Jiraiya congratulates her for. Naruto summons a small toad, but promptly Naruto pass out from exhaustion, Jiraiya acknowledges their determination. Elsewhere, the Third Hokage speaks with Anko, telling her that there is no one in Konohagakure who can stand against Orochimaru. Anko mentions the Fourth Hokage, but the Third replies that he is dead and they must do it with their own strength.

[•••]

"C'mon, open your eyes already," Jiraiya groaned.

"His knocked cold, I don't know why you even bother, step aside," Y/n smiled before pouring water all over Naruto's face.

He sat up quickly, startled.

"W-What's that...?"

"To be clear, you have no sense," Jiraiya took the tiny barrel from Y/n.

"Oh! Pervy Sage!" Naruto looked back up, realizing where he was.

"After you've been training for three weeks, your still at this level, even Y/n surpassing you; he leans in closer to Naruto, and she's been getting on my nerves the whole day," He sighed.

"Hey! I heard that you old man!" She eyed him, viciously.

"Anyways, my point is, you continue like this, it's pointless."

"Huh?! That's not how it is! I'm doing this with all my strength!" Naruto pleaded.

"I understand that, if you really want to succeed at summoning, you have to do it like your going to die or it's no good at all."

"What about Y/n? She's been doing it like it's nothing!" He sighed.

"One, that girl freakishly learns things quicker than usual, but that's just a skill she has, you can't compare yourself to her because your not Y/n, your Naruto."

"That's what I'm doing! I drill my chakra and I everyday like I'm going to die. If you have time to complain about how well I'm doing, you can teach me a trick or something at least!" Naruto  demanded.

Jiraiya scratched his head thinking, "Huh? A trick...A trick."

"What?! Your gonna teach me?"

"You need to risk your life on it."

"L-Life?" Y/n questioned.

"It's no joke, Naruto. Even so, will you do it?"

"O-Of course! I always risk my life!" Naruto balled his fist in excitement.

"I see...well then follow me."

"Huh?" Naruto squinted his eyes suspiciously at him before following him.

[•••]

"What are we doing here?" Y/n eyed him.

"Your not gonna peek again, are you?" Naruto asked.

"Well, that would be nice, but today it's a bath. First we purify our bodies."